Greater NYC Area
CompStak envisions a commercial real estate industry where accurate and transparent data leads to better, faster deals for everyone. We gather critical information that is hard to access, then make it instantly and seamlessly available to our platform members.
Launched in 2012, we’ve partnered with thousands of brokers across the country, using a unique crowdsourced model to create the foremost lease and sale transaction data and analytics platform in the world. CompStak is used by the world’s largest real estate investors, lenders, brokers and appraisers to compare properties, underwrite investments and loans, close deals and track market trends.
CompStak has over 50 employees in the US and continues to grow. We’re backed by top VCs and industry players like Canaan Partners, Moody’s, RealPage, 500 Startups, and Daily Mail Group, and have raised over $25m to date. Our HQ is in New York City, and we have a regional office in Los Angeles.
Learn more at compstak.com.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're looking for a research analyst to work as part of the Data Operations team to help maintain and improve our high standards of data quality as we scale. The role is a great fit for anyone with passion for real estate valuation and data, the ability to dig down deep, and interest in data analysis and technology.
Master our Data
- Collect, organize, and enter commercial real estate transaction data
- Set quality metrics to ensure accuracy of collected data and analytics
- Develop workflows for efficient data collection and quality assurance
Control your Territory
- Establish market, submarket, property, and transaction benchmarks
- Develop market expertise by learning market drivers and fundamentals
- Build and manage local and national research repository
Set the Stage
- Improve the coverage and completeness of the entire CompStak data collection
- Identify new opportunities and data sets for deeper product impact
- Dream up new ways to scale up and solidify our research efforts
Improve your Knowledge
- Become an expert in property valuation, sales comparison approach and leasing fundamentals
- Master all the relevant data we collect and how it impacts our different products
- Participate in product efforts of designing better tools for collection and quality
YOUR SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 2 years of commercial real estate experience
- Highly organized and methodical
- Familiarity with data collection methods
- Knowledge of real estate valuation techniques
- Hands on experience with market research
- Working knowledge of MySQL or other relational databases preferred
- Highly proficient in Excel
- Python knowledge a plus
Read Full Job Description