EquityZen is an early-mid stage financial technology company, backed by leading venture and private equity investors. We’re looking for a collaborative, organized and hardworking Research Analyst, who has a strong interest in the pre-IPO space. If you are interested in learning more about pre-IPO companies and love to conduct in-depth research and write, let’s talk!
Our platform enables large, private companies to deliver liquidity to their shareholders while providing investors access to invest in these proven, pre-IPO companies. EquityZen has served over 200 pre-IPO technology companies and is proud to be considered a liquidity provider for 1 out of 3 of the largest unicorns. A testament to EquityZen's secure, paperless, and industry-defining online investment platform, we have successfully completed 12,000+ private placement transactions. Focusing on automating an antiquated offline process has allowed us to lead the charge in building more efficient, cost-effective, and transparent private markets.Watch this short video to learn more: equityzen.com/press.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Reporting to the Marketplace Director, this person will conduct deep dives on individual tech companies to build company profiles
- Build capitalization tables using information found in public filings
- Assist with pricing diligence and the construction of offering documents
THE RIGHT STUFF
- 1+ years’ prior experience in fundamental investment research or analysis
- Demonstrated ability to assist in construction of offering materials
- Desire to learn about tech companies across markets and industry verticals
- Basic understanding of corporate finance and accounting concepts
- Strong experience in MS Office (PPT, XLS)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and responsive with strong attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking skills. Candidates should be able to demonstrate their ability to think through investment implications of industry news/events.
- Passion for tech sector and investment process
- Prior experience in fundamental investment research or analysis
- Prior experience in financial services, technology, or venture capital
EquityZen offers a competitive salary, stock options, full employee benefits (health, dental, vision), individual professional development and wellness budget, flexible paid time off, and more!
EquityZen is dedicated to prioritizing all employees’ health and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have a new, socially-distant friendly office space where we have established strict protocols to protect the health and safety of all employees; however, working from the office is strictly voluntary until further notice.
EquityZen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EquityZen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. EquityZen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of EquityZen’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.