Imagen enables Primary Care providers to become technology-enabled multispecialty practices, powering a successful transition from fee-for-service to value-based care. Imagen’s comprehensive platform includes in-office diagnostic testing, diagnostic interpretations powered by proprietary FDA-cleared machine learning software, and virtual specialist consults. Imagen’s platform empowers Primary Care providers to achieve healthcare’s quadruple aim of increasing quality, lowering costs, and improving the patient and provider experience.
Imagen’s team includes over 100 clinical, technical and business personnel. Imagen’s software has received first-of-its-kind FDA clearances, and its research has been published in leading peer-reviewed journals. Imagen has raised $135 million in capital from investors such as Google Ventures, Casdin Capital, and Threshold Ventures. Imagen was founded in 2015 and is based in New York City.
We're looking for a Medical Device Research Engineer to drive the creation of our software medical devices. At Imagen, you’ll be responsible for taking AI models prototyped by our R&D team and productionalizing them into software medical devices that are cleared by the FDA and used in real-life clinical practice. You’ll be joining a team of smart, passionate, and pragmatic engineers, scientists, and physicians. Being at the front-line of real-world development and deployment of medical deep learning software, you’ll get to work with your team to solve many challenging problems associated with the development and monitoring of our innovative new medical technologies.
- Lead the productionalization of our AI models into FDA-cleared software medical devices
- Follow rigorous software engineering development practices in building safe and effective medical devices
- Lead validation and verification activities for the software medical devices you’re responsible for
- Work closely with the rest of the R&D team to design and implement post-market surveillance methods that will track the real-world clinical performance of our AI software
- Ensure our team’s development processes are consistent with our Quality Management System
- Assist with vendor management, overseeing engineering contractors on an as-needed basis
- Identify practical and creative ways to accelerate our development processes
- Mission driven and passionate about improving healthcare outcomes.
- Self-motivated and thrives in a fast-paced interdisciplinary environment.
- Significant software engineering experience, ideally in a regulated environment
- Strong communication skills. You will be working with an interdisciplinary team and need to be able to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Experience with Python
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field and at least two years of industry experience.
Nice to have:
- Experience in medical imaging, especially with standards such as DICOM, HL7, etc.
- Experience working in the medical device industry (FDA and ISO)
- Experience working in or understanding of ISO/IEC/IEEE 12207 controlled systems
Note: Work location is flexible if approved by the Company except that the position may not be performed remotely from the State of Colorado.
Imagen is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Imagen will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.