Hydrant is looking for a Retail Operations and Logistics Analyst who is enthusiastic to grow with and improve the company’s logistics function as we scale. This role will support and improve our retail operations and logistics & fulfillment function, with the opportunity to gain exposure to demand planning, sourcing & purchasing and inventory management.
The Retail Operations and Logistics Analyst will have access to key leadership and will be pivotal in helping shape the direction of the business through operational innovations. The position calls for constant improvement, always analyzing, tweaking and finding better ways to enhance our current operations to meet the demands of current and new customers, both B2B and B2C.
Not only do you need to be organized, detail-oriented, curious and an excellent communicator, you also need to be able to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty executing, whilst being able to think and communicate across departments. This is a great opportunity to join an incredible team at ground level and build a successful brand.
This role will report to the Operations/Supply Chain Manager and Head of Operations.
- Ensure all B2B purchase orders are accurately entered into the 3PL partners’ system.
- Own, manage and ensure all orders, B2B and B2C, are properly and accurately prepared by our 3PL partners.
- Work cross-functionally with the retail team to accurately complete required retail onboarding documentation.
- Assist retail and finance in shipment disputes with retail vendors by providing accurate paperwork and information to reconcile shipments.
- From time to time, conduct data analyses such as cost of freight, transit times, fulfillment accuracy etc. and present findings to team.
- Manage all communication with outsourced transportation companies including pick-up/drop off scheduling and adjusting delivery schedules.
- Schedule, book and coordinate freight shipments between our manufacture, 3PLs and retail partners to ensure delivery timing and accuracy hits our KPIs.
- Monitor and analyze performance of current 3PL partners (e.g. postage, pick-pack fees, shipping charges etc.).
- Initiate logistic claims forms to manage complaints with transportation companies in case of defects on products due to transportation or failure to meet deadlines.
- From time-to-time, work with Operations/Supply Chain Manager on research, planning and execution of key projects.
- 2+ years of experience working in either planning or a supply chain related field, ideally in the CPG space
- Highly organized and has a project-focused mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Proficient in Excel and Google Sheets.
- Self-starter who uses analytics and data to identify potential opportunities to improve their role.
Hydrant is an early-stage wellness startup with lots of exciting milestones to come. You’ll find a supportive culture of continuous growth and a desire to make products that hydrate more people in more places. Competitive pay, stock options, health benefits, including dental & vision (for full-time employees), paid time off, free Hydrant, and the chance to be among the first team members at a high-growth CPG start-up.