Risk Analyst at OnDeck
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
The Risk Management team creates competitive advantages for OnDeck through excellence in risk/reward optimization while simultaneously exercising its function of control in a vigorous and diligent fashion. The Risk Management team develops strategies and models to extend credit in a profitable manner to small businesses and their owners based on a strong understanding of the behavioral and commercial drivers of its customers and sophisticated analysis of data. As the control function of OnDeck, the Risk Management Team ensures that that the portfolio, policies, strategies, new product features or operational processes at OnDeck are consistent with the risk appetite set by the management team and the board.
The responsibilities of a Risk Analyst are the ideation, design, implementation, and monitoring of credit risk management strategies, models and capabilities that help us serve the needs of our customers and shareholders. This includes the development and enhancement of Product & Process Design and loss forecasting models consistent with our credit strategies. Progress will be achieved through empirical testing and analysis, Best-In-Business assessment capabilities, and collaborative interaction with our business partners.
As a Risk Analyst on the Risk Management Team at OnDeck, you will:
- Maintain and improve statistical loss forecasting models and controls across our full suite of products and geographic markets of the customer lifecycle
- Perform back-testing and analytics to measure and evaluate model performance
- Monitor portfolio trends and credit metrics and provide analysis to support strategic initiatives and ad-hoc projects
- Analyze and interpret small business data to monitor risk management strategies
- Work collaboratively with the Product, Revenue, Finance, and Technology teams to implement strategies designed by the management
Necessary qualifications for success:
- Master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or other quantitative fields.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in the financial services industry
- Excellent business judgment and risk assessment skills as demonstrated by previous work or academic experience in an analytic role
- Strong Programming skills in SQL, R & Python and advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness to work closely with large data sets and a strong attention to detail
- A drive to constantly learn something new, technically or conceptually
- Knowledge and experience with advanced statistical concepts and financial analytics in risk modeling
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort in a fast-paced, business-critical role that is a key contributor to OnDeck’s continued success
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- Tableau, VBA and working in SQL in a Snowflake environment
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. and a leading online lender in Canada serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by approximately 100,000 small businesses by providing them with financing to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Built in NYC’s Best Places to Work, 2019
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Denver Business Journal Largest Technology Employers in Denver, 2019
- Denver Business Journal Best Places to Work, 2019
- FinTech Breakthrough Award – Best Overall LendTech Company, 2018
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Great Place to Work Certification, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Inc. Hire Power, 2013
- Lending Tree’s Top Rated Customer Satisfaction, Q1 2018
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- US News & World Report, “Best Unsecured Business Loans of 2018” – Best for Term Loans
- Washington Post Top Places to Work, 2019
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**