Sales Strategy & Analytics Associate
Flatiron’s mission is to improves lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. The experience of every cancer patient is a powerful legacy. Each patient’s story has the unique potential to teach us something new about the way cancer works, and help us find more effective treatments, faster. At Flatiron, we believe that learning from the experience of every cancer patient is an imperative — it is the key to accelerating research and continuing to improve the quality of care. What stands in the way is an overwhelming technology challenge: much of the available, real-world clinical data is unstructured and stored across thousands of disconnected community clinics, medical centers and hospitals. It is a problem that we believe we can solve.
The Sales Operations team is responsible for building gold standard business processes, metrics and reporting to help Flatiron’s sales and commercial teams run efficiently and effectively. These processes will focus primarily on sales automation, sales forecasting, analytics & metrics tracking, incentive compensation modeling and calculation, CRM adoption, and contract management.
As a member of this team, the Sales Strategy & Analytics Associate will partner with our sales, partnerships, finance, marketing, customer success, customer support and operational teams to provide analytical, strategic and operational support across both the Research and Provider business at Flatiron. This role will focus on problem solving and analytics to drive data-driven decision making for our Life Sciences Partnerships (LSP) and Provider teams. This role reports into the Director of Sales Operations.
- Own and execute regular cadence of business analytics and reporting to support LSP, Provider and other internal teams (e.g., research and provider operations).
- Support key strategic and operational initiatives through analyses and problem solving on root causes, market sizing, productivity and efficiency
- Partner with internal stakeholders to support annual strategic planning exercise with analyses on market opportunities and demand, resourcing, and other operational elements.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis as needed to support Sales Ops, Finance, LSP and Provider leadership
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience, preferably within Strategy Consulting, Investment Banking, Equity Research, Venture Capital / Private Equity, Corporate FP&A or Sales Operations
- Data-driven, detail-oriented, proactive, self-motivated, have a positive attitude, and are comfortable with ambiguity
- Demonstrated problem solving experience, specifically with providing business insights and recommendations from data sets
- Demonstrated experience presenting complex analysis and insights to audiences
- Startup mindset, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Salesforce and Adaptive
- Passionate about healthcare and the fight against cancer