We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The Cloud Security team at Datadog develops workload threat detection that powers Datadog’s Cloud Workload Security product. We’re taking a new approach to cloud security at Datadog by leveraging detailed observability data in a cloud-native way. In partnership with the rest of the product organization, you will research all the ways that production workloads, from Linux EC2 instances, to docker containers, to Kubernetes clusters can be attacked to help organizations protect their infrastructure from today’s modern attack vectors.
As a Cloud Security Analyst, you will speak with customers and understand their needs for ensuring the security of their infrastructure, and you will develop detections for our Security product(s) in order to notify customers when they may be under attack. Your research will be used by our customers to improve their threat detection and to harden their configurations. Together with your team, you will research the latest attacks against cloud-native technologies and evangelize your findings with the community.
- Learn everything about detecting threats in Linux hosts and containers, and pour it back into building a great product
- Talk to highly technical customers about their security, listen to their needs, and work with the team to solve their problems
- Use an analytical mindset, combined with global datasets to optimize threat detection and eliminate false positives
- Grow to understand our users (SREs and security engineers) deeply; deliver security rules they find useful out of the box
- Work closely with Product Management to shape the Cloud Workload Security product
- Partner with the security research team to detect new cloud-native attacker techniques
- Write, create and deliver content for our community such as blog posts, documentation, webinars and workshops
- You have deep knowledge of the Linux operating system
- You have deep knowledge of cloud/containerized workloads
- You can demonstrate an analytical mindset, using data to inform decision making
- You have a proven track record at identifying threats to Linux infrastructure, ideally in the cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure, Kubernetes, etc)
- You enjoy talking to highly technical customers
- You get things done and are motivated by the impact your actions have around you
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.