The Analytics team is a critical function that supports data-driven decision-making throughout Harry's. In partnership with our Data Engineering team, we make sure that data flows throughout the company, and everyone has the information they need to make better decisions faster. The analytics team thinks about data and insights across our global supply chain, through the marketing we show our customers, to when the customer gets a package at their door or at their nearest retailer.
As Harry’s, Inc diversifies across more channels, geographies, and brands, it is becoming increasingly more important that our data tells the story of the entire portfolio in a way that clarifies ROI and tradeoffs for our leaders. To support this need, we are focused on building out a new Business Insights function within Analytics. This team’s responsibilities will span:
- Maintaining the analytics layer of our data model in the data warehouse and in our BI tools (i.e., Looker)
- Maintaining our metrics and data definitions in a nuanced yet consistent manner across brands
- Synthesizing data on a regular basis to provide leadership with portfolio-level insights on business health, breaking down the silos that exist today within business units
- Driving deep analysis of the whats and whys of key drivers to surface hypotheses for action
About the Role
Harry’s is seeking an exceptional analyst, who will be responsible for diving deep into our omni-channel performance and building the narrative on our business health to share with leaders across the company. You will work closely with our Analytics Engineer to structure our data model and define and code our key metrics. You will also leverage these data elements to uncover insights on the overall portfolio.
Because our business is complex, we need someone with both a strong business acumen, excellent storytelling skills, and a robust technical toolkit. You’ll work with key decision-makers throughout the company, and also share your insights and recommendations with all levels of the business. This is a very hands on role.
Most importantly, we are looking for someone who is a builder and entrepreneur -- someone who is excited about using data and analytics to push the whole company forward.
Here's what you'll accomplish:
- Build the metrics and narrative that drive monthly performance reviews with our full leadership team
- Define, document, and code the nuances of how we measure metrics over the course of a customer’s life cycle (e.g., LTV, churn)
- Automate and own the KPI dashboards that regularly report out on business health
- Consolidate data points from across business units to synthesize the overall story
- Own deep analyses of our drivers that surface insights that lead to actions. For example, you might:
- Investigate the underlying drivers of churns and cancellations
- Deep dive on what’s impacting our On-Time In-Full metric and how that’s affecting LTVs
- Track the customer journey across our eCommerce platforms and brick & mortar
- Understand what our segment of top customers looks like and diagnose why Harry’s products work for them
- Build requirements for and support the development of the multi-branded codebase (i.e., the data model that sits within the data warehouse) , in collaboration with our analytics engineer and data engineers
- 3+ years of overall experience in the Data Analytics or Data modeling
- Proficient Technical Skill - You are fluent in writing SQL (Python or R are a bonus) to query and manipulate datasets, answer questions, and drive end-to-end complete analysis that help accelerate the business. You have a history of creating effective visualizations to clearly drive your point across to various stakeholders using visualization software, like Looker or Tableau
- Strong Business Acumen – You think deeply about business strategy and profitability, and have experience translating the business ins and outs into data driven problems. You can proactively identify and investigate potential areas of opportunity with independence
- Engaged Analytical Thought Partner – You are excited about partnering with coworkers to figure out how analytics can solve problems. You are skilled in translating business questions into data analysis visions to execute. You are great at communicating in order to both fully understand someone’s business needs and to communicate potential limitations of your approach
- Tactical Problem Solver – You have experience boiling down medium and large scope data problems into measurable and achievable blocks of work. You have the foresight to identify and dismantle potential roadblocks ahead of time. Furthermore, you’re pragmatic: you can identify and work on the most important problems first and you want to find the highest-impact lowest cost solution
- Clear and concise communicator – You know how to communicate complex concepts effectively and concisely and are comfortable presenting and debating in large groups. We’re looking for strong data advocates who can plug into cross-functional working teams seamlessly and drive cultural pushes for the organization to become more data driven
Values that might describe you:
- You like to solve problems - You push yourself to solve problems in novel, scalable ways so that you are never solving the same problem twice
- You are curious and a learner - You are always seeking to improve yourself and your team, and you love to learn new things while going deeper in the areas you know
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication and feedback
- You are infectiously optimistic - To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge. Hard things are hard, but you don’t let that get in the way
Who you will work with:
- You will report into the Senior Manager, Business Insights
- Within the broader Data org, you'll work most closely with the other data analysts and analytics engineers on the team. You will also partner closely with our data engineering team
- Within the larger H’ org, you’ll work closely with our Inc leadership team, Retail team, Growth marketing leads, Brand leadership teams, and Finance / Operational Planning teams
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.