Senior Analyst, Business Intelligence at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
Cityblock’s Analytics team is on a mission to enable data-driven decision making across the Organization. This role will be at the forefront of this initiative, by implementing greater governance over our business intelligence platform. You will design and develop the platform, helping us effectively and rapidly scale to meet company goals, as well as partner with internal stakeholders to derive insights from the data.
Healthcare data is complicated, so you must be excited about digging deep into complex data, and coming up with interesting, actionable insights to communicate to the team. Behind every data element is a real person, with real problems that Cityblock is working hard to address, and the Data team is responsible for delivering accurate and timely information to steer these efforts.
If you like hard problems, have experience pulling insight out of complex structured and unstructured data sources, and are an amazing teammate, we want to hear from you!
Requirements for the Role:
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative disciplines such as Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Business; Masters preferred
- 7+ years of professional experience with at least 4 years of focus on business intelligence; developing metrics, dashboards, governance, user access, permissions & security strategy, strong documentation, and providing support to business users
- You are a strong SQL programmer, with experience navigating and cleaning messy data at scale
- Possession of strong analytical/statistical skills used in evaluating and analyzing data
- You have experience presenting technical outputs or concepts to a non-technical audience
- You have the ability to balance competing priorities and set expectations with colleagues and stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- You have 3+ years experience with healthcare data (eg claims, EHR, HIE feeds, Pharmacy Benefits, etc) and standard clinical metrics and taxonomies (DRGs, total cost of care, HCC, etc)
- Are detail-oriented and organized, but able to see the big picture and the bottom line
How We Define Success:
- In 90 days and ongoing ....
- Partner with BI lead to design version 2 of our BI platform, which includes designing for scale - to meet growth prospects for this year and beyond
- Set up strong governance, curation, and documentation processes; begin to take ownership of pieces of these
- Work with Market “super users” to pull critical business logic upstream
- Build out and maintain a library of useful template tiles
- Develop a custom dashboard to track BI platform performance and usage, to continuously inform strategic goals of the team
- Become deeply knowledgeable about our data models, pipelines, and transformations; help detail a roadmap towards best practices for each
- Effectively and efficiently provide support and training to business users of our BI platform at scale, providing deeper insights where relevant adhere to development principles and best practices both in both BI & transformation layers
- Partner with different departments to provide insights on issues, as well as develop standard corporate dashboards to support business and market activities such as member outreach, cross market metrics, business development, etc.
- Partner with IT and Engineering to enhance our security, user provisioning process, and query efficiency
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience in a high growth technology company.
- Experience in a healthcare entity that takes capitated risk
- Comfort across a range of data analysis tools such as Python or R
- Prior experience with Looker, DBT & Github
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.