Senior Analyst, Credit Card at SoFi (Remote)
Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we're changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We're a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we're at the forefront. We're proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people's lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
We are seeking a Senior Analyst, Credit Card to join our Pricing team within the Lending Business Unit. This is an exciting role for someone to make a direct impact on the revenue of SoFi by helping shape the Credit Card Business strategy and product development through data-driven insights and pricing recommendation. As a Lead Analyst, Credit Card Pricing in our Pricing team, you will be working closely with a world-class team of business leaders and data scientists to help SoFi develop, implement, and analyze credit card pricing strategies. Success in this role hinges on your technical aptitude, quantitative abilities, and business acumen: you know how to plow through data with SQL/Python/R/Tableau, surface insights, and measure the business impact using conversion/ profit metrics. You treat stakeholders as a partnership - you are there at each step of the way and you know that we only succeed if we succeed together.
What you'll do:
- Develop and test pricing strategies that optimize profitability through the improvement of revenue, credit risk, and cost per customer acquisition;
- Leverage pricing models to simulate profitability from pricing strategies and forecast changes to SoFi's credit portfolio;
- Analyze segment performance at the portfolio level and by vintage to drive insights and optimization
- Help drive customer engagement strategies like balance transfers
- Help manage and analyze existing cardholder portfolio yield
- Build dashboards to deliver results of pricing strategies to the business.
- Build intuitive and analytical models to help decision makers understand the price elasticity of customer segments;
- Run significance tests and continuously discover trends in customer behavior to inform decision making with a high level of confidence;
- Routinely present analyses to SoFi business leaders.
What you'll need:
- B.S. or M.S.. in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Engineering, Mathematics or a related quantitative field is required for this position;
- 5-7 years of industrial experience working in the credit card industry in an analytics, business strategy, or related role
- Proven track record of end-to-end experience in building analytical frameworks to inform business strategy
- Strong understanding of Credit Card PnL (profit and loss) drivers
- Knowledge and understanding of statistical and econometric modeling methods for significance testing and causal inference.
- Exceptional programming skills in Python and SQL
- Strong knowledge of Tableau and experience building production-level dashboards
- Ability to work in a dynamic, cross-functional environment, with strong attention to detail;
- Effective communication skills and ability to explain complex models in simple terms;
- Strong relationship building and collaborative skills;
- Exceptional problem-solving skills;
Nice to have:
- Experience in building pricing models/strategies;
- Experience working with product and/or engineering teams
Compensation and Benefits
The base pay range for this role is listed below. Final base pay offer will be determined based on individual factors such as the candidate's experience, skills, and location.
To view all of our comprehensive and competitive benefits, visit our Benefits at SoFi page!
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
New York applicants: Notice of Employee Rights
SoFi is committed to embracing diversity. As part of this commitment, SoFi offers reasonable accommodations to candidates with physical or mental disabilities. If you need accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, please let your recruiter know or email [email protected].
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.
If you are a current employee, do not apply here - please navigate to our Internal Job Board in Greenhouse to apply to our open roles.