Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such, our return to office plan will follow a phased approach, working towards a hybrid model. Starting in June we opened our NYC office for colleagues on Wednesdays and Thursdays. This is entirely voluntary and includes all of our regular in-office perks such as free lunch. There will not be any mandatory return to office in 2021. Learn more about our return to office philosophy and plans here!
Your Impact on our Mission:
Zocdoc is seeking a Sr. Analyst, Data Strategy and Analytics that will be part of a team focused on creating and maintaining a robust analysis team that partners with Zocdoc’s business teams. Working closely with various stakeholders on advanced data projects across Product, Operations and other teams, you will guide growth in business with relevant insights based on analysis. You’ll create data sets, design analysis, provide rigorous reporting and make recommendations to help define our business roadmap. You are focused on impact, and have the skill to understand customers and promote growth. You should demonstrate curiosity, data fluency, and a collaborative work ethic.
You’ll enjoy this role if you..
- Are an Analyst or Data Scientist who is excited about creating earth shattering and edge of the seat insights that continuously pushes the boundaries of known analytics techniques leading to product and business decisions
- Have an eye for differentiating from a good outcome to a great outcome
- Go beyond the symptoms of a problem to understand the root causes
- Empathize with the customers and users of our products
Your day to day is…
- Build an insights library for use by other analytics and business teams to use as inputs
- Identifying friction points and dead-ends in product funnels
- Generating insights by using qualitative and quantitative techniques to get to causal factors on user performance and behavior.
- Identifying friction points in process within and outside of the team
- Owning the benchmarks for key product metrics and continuously update so Product Managers can monitor performance
- Providing mentorship and best practices for other data teams within the organization
- Driving alignment across stakeholders in Product, Marketing, Business Operations
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- 4+ years experience as a data analyst, data engineer, analytics engineer or similar role
- Expert in building Insights decks and influencing decision makers by quantifying outcomes
- Strong understanding of data modeling and data warehousing concepts.
- Experience managing the administration and/or adoption of a data visualisation tool (e.g. Looker, Tableau)
- Hands-on experience with data model development and reporting in data visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau.
- Proactive, self-motivated, and can work independently with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Good communications skills across all levels of stakeholder (business & technical).
- An ability to break down and explain complex technical concepts to business end users.
- High level of precision and attention to detail.
- Strong SQL skills, ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Competitive parental leave
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks (when in office)
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.