Senior Analyst - Global Applications - Workday Financials at Celonis
Senior Analyst - Global Applications - Workday Financials
Are you ready for a new challenge?
Celonis is the leader in business transformation software, turning process insights into action with The Celonis Intelligent Business Cloud, built on the process mining technology it pioneered. For Global 2000 companies, transforming to an intelligent enterprise has become a key strategic priority. Celonis disrupted what had previously been a manual, time-consuming and expensive consulting-driven approach to jump-start and operationalize change in transformation initiatives. Companies around the world including Siemens, L’Oreal, Uber, 3M, Lufthansa and Vodafone rely on Celonis technology to guide action and drive change to business processes, resulting in millions of dollars saved and an improved experience for their customers. Headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York, New York, Celonis has grown 5,000% in 4 years and 300% in the past year. In 2019, Celonis reached a $2.5 billion valuation, after receiving a $290 million Series C funding round. Since opening its US headquarters in New York in September 2016 it has quickly added blue chip customers like Lockheed Martin, ExxonMobil, Honeywell, and Mars to its client roster. The US is the fastest growing region for Celonis and will soon exceed 50% of its total revenue. In addition to its offices in the UK, Netherlands, and Japan, Celonis is expanding US offices in New York, San Francisco, Raleigh, Ann Arbor, as well as Latin America.
The Senior Analyst will be a key part of a highly effective workday systems team. This individual will play a vital role in Workday Financials implementation. Post-implementation they will be responsible for managing business process configurations, reporting, support and system administration as required by accounting and finance users of the system, and their efforts will support business leaders in executing global strategic initiative.
- Analyzes, develops requirements and executes allocation, transformation processes, and other configurations
- Collaborates with management, technical staff and subject matter advisors to understand business needs/issues, troubleshoot problems, conduct root cause analysis and develop cost effective resolutions for system and data anomalies
- Ensures data integrity by developing and executing necessary processes and controls around the flow of data
- Verifies accuracy of new/changed configurations
- Test changes prior to deployment as appropriate and document changes before and after deployment
- Utilizes technology to analyze data and/or metrics from applicable systems to review data processes, identify issues, and determine actions to resolve or escalate problems that require data, system or process improvements
- Performs financial data related research and root cause analysis activities, provides correction specifications, and escalates issues as appropriate
- Customizes and maintains financial and accounting system reports to support analysis and decision making process
- Provides input to data architecture discussions and decisions on request
- May perform additional duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree, concentrations in Finance, Economics, and/or Accounting preferred
- 2+ years , BI, Data visualization, data science, consulting, investment banking, or related fields
- Highly advanced Excel skills with extreme attention to detail; familiarity with SQL and data visualization tools strongly preferred
- Ability to embrace ambiguity and break down complex problems to provide clear and effective recommendations
- Impeccable analytical skills and commercial acumen
- Excellent communication skills; can establish credibility, build consensus, and partner cross-functionally without direct authority
Preferred but not required:
- Typically a minimum of one to two years of experience in supporting Financial systems (Workday, Hyperion, etc.) and financial data management, accounting, systems/business analysis as required by position
- Project management of data related experience a plus
- Computing skills including, but not limited to: Workday and MS Office Suite
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to effectively resolve moderately complex situations and issues
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills to work effectively among all levels of internal/external partners/customers
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic workforce
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Skillful at learning new system applications/functions
- Embraces, and readily adapts to, change
- One or more financial systems, insurance or functional certifications such as Workday financials certified or CPA is strongly preferred
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.