Moda Operandi is looking for a Senior Analyst to lead our inventory & operations analytics efforts. Based on our data & analytics team, this analyst works closely with stakeholders to provide key insights and recommendations to move our business forward.
This position is responsible for inventory data & analyses and building dynamic business models which allow senior leadership to focus on short and long term actions in order to exceed company targets and operational governance. The ideal candidate has a background working within retail or e-commerce environments, proficiency in Looker and SQL databases, and a proven ability to understand the “bigger picture” from a financial, business, and operational lens.
This is an excellent opportunity for a data-driven candidate who is comfortable presenting insights and recommendations to various stakeholders including - planning, buying, FP&A, supply chain, & technology across the organization.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for delivering analytical insights and business-critical reporting to enhance the performance of the Inventory, Merchandise Planning, & Supply Chain Operations team
- Identify new KPIs for these teams and functions that align with business objectives and own the day-to-day management of the same
- Extract, clean and transform operations-related data, set up data pipelines and implement new reporting/analysis tools and dashboards providing visibility to performance against KPIs
- Build dynamic models which provide a line of sight into the financial impact of current and future inventory position including risk to open to buy, delivery of receipts and changes in on order as well as the full product lifecycle
- Extract and re-define inventory and operations-related data and set up reporting and analysis tools which outline the impact of the current forecast on the balance of the year
- Develop and disseminate business performance and functional dashboards on a daily, weekly and monthly reporting and analysis to Stakeholders/Senior Leaders/Executive Team
- Identify gaps in our data collection and collaborate with product and engineering on data capture specifications
- Execute deep-dive analysis, through application of statistical methodologies, to advise the Planning and Supply Chain team how to reduce costs, forecast inventory and formulate distribution strategy during peak sales period
- Partner with product, tech and merchandising teams to align individual team goals with company goals and objectives to steer the business in the right direction
Who You Are
- 3+ years of experience in an analytical role within a retail environment (e-commerce or omni-channel is a plus!)
- Bachelor’s degree in analytics, MIS, supply chain, mathematics, statistics, operations research, or related analytical field is preferred
- Expert knowledge of SQL (R or Python is a plus!)
- Experience with Looker or comparable data visualization/dashboarding tools.
- Understanding of NetSuite or other ERP systems a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel (or Google Sheets) experience
- Experience with large data sets a plus
- Self-starter & able to manage projects from ideation through completion
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders as well as Senior/Executive Leadership
- Ability to prioritize ad-hoc, critical business requests and strategic projects based on current company needs & future growth
- Aware of best data practices in the industry
- Ability to build and foster productive working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Creative thinker with the confidence to share ideas with the team
- Support cross-functional team improvement initiatives
- Execute appropriate processes and decisions across the organization
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, welcoming challenges
- Exceptional understanding of the digital landscape and how all channels work together to create 360° impact
About Moda Operandi
Moda Operandi is an e-commerce platform transforming the way people discover and shop for designer fashion. Through its innovative mix of commerce and content, Moda allows women and men to shop for what’s new and what’s next in designer fashion from the world’s leading emerging designers and luxury brands.
Founded in 2010, Moda Operandi's mission is to make it easy for designers to grow their businesses and consumers to realize their personal style. Today, Moda’s platform carries more than 1,000 brands and designers across fashion, fine jewelry and home, ships to 125 countries, and has raised nearly $300M in funding from top-tier global investors.