Senior Analyst, M&A and Corporate Development at Peloton
Peloton is looking for a passionate and analytically minded Senior Analyst of M&A and Corporate Development to help us evaluate and pursue opportunities for growth through acquisitions, strategic investments, and partnerships. Reporting to the Senior Manager of M&A and Corporate Development, he or she will work cross functionally with key stakeholders and will play a critical role in a wide range of M&A-related projects and transactions.
The M&A function sits within Peloton’s broader Strategy & Corporate Development team and is responsible for conducting competitive landscape research and identifying, evaluating, and executing M&A transactions, strategic investments, and partnerships that support the long-term strategy of the company.
The ideal candidate will be an independent, strategic, and creative thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large), has an outstanding work ethic, has excellent financial modelling and deck building skills, and is willing to operate as an owner to create value for the team.
- Execute competitive landscape research, analysis and deep dives to identify strategic opportunities and threats; Proactively prepare and take ownership over detailed reports and presentations for senior leadership on industry trends and relevant companies
- Maintain and update a data-base of our current and historical deal pipeline; create and share custom dash-boards to provide real-time insights to internal stakeholders
- Lead all aspects of financial modeling for potential transactions including grounds-up merger models for both public and private targets, accretion / dilution analysis, and valuation analysis
- Support the team in identifying and cultivating relationships with prospective target companies
- Contribute on key aspects of M&A business and financial due diligence, deal structuring and negotiation, and the internal transaction approval process
- Collaborate with and support cross functional teams including Legal, FP&A, Tax / Accounting, Product / Engineering, New Market Development, and numerous others on a wide range of ad hoc research projects
- 2-3 years of experience in investment banking and/or corporate M&A. Transaction experience is required
- Excellent analytical, financial modeling, valuation, and deck creation skills required; Experience working with large data-sets
- Ability to work collaboratively and thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Great attention to detail and self motivation
- Exceptional interpersonal and written / verbal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills (Excel, Powerpoint) and proficient in Google Suite (Slides, Sheets, Drive)
- Professional experience and/or personal interest in the fitness / health / wellness space and/or D2C subscription businesses a plus
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.