Senior Analyst, Risk Adjustment
Cityblock Health is a new type of healthcare company, operating out of Brooklyn and backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs, along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we bring the capability to deliver care in the home and neighborhood with our field-based teams.
In close collaboration with community based organizations and a leading commercial partner, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. We deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services through a network of neighborhood hubs with deep community-based partnerships and world-class technology.
We partner with payers and at-risk providers, taking capitated financial risk to care for their most vulnerable, high and rising risk members. Additionally, we invest in strategic partnerships with community-based and social services organizations, in some instances bringing them into the value equation through sub-capitation and performance-based compensation.
Over the next year we’ll grow quickly, including entering new markets, each with their own commercial relationships and field-based teams. This role will be a key contributor to the success of our business.
We are seeking a curious, precise Risk Adjustment Senior Analyst to design and build analytic solutions that will inform business decisions, drive operations, measure our performance and demonstrate our value as a company.
The Risk Adjustment Senior Analyst is responsible for providing and maintaining risk adjustment reporting, monitoring program performance to the organizations KPIs, identifying and recommending areas of improvement.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, accountable, and is a systematic thinker. The fast-paced environment requires, an adaptable, organized and trustworthy individual with excellent oral and written communication.
- Engage in analytic projects which span all areas of computational modeling, value/outcomes and opportunity identification to maximize the value of the diagnosis capture program
- Produce various analyses and reports which provide insights on model-specific (HCC, CDPS etc...) risk scoring, severity adjustment, attribution methods to ensure the achievement of contractual metrics
- Develop and execute day-to-day analytics strategy (reports, dashboards, ad hoc analyses etc...) to fully support diagnosis capture business and strategic decision-making
- Perform ad-hoc analyses to support various programs or projects
- Serve as the liaison between departments, markets, and data for all Risk Adjustment reporting needs
- Understand how to communicate difficult and sensitive information tactfully. Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies any potential crisis or issues and devises contingency plans to mitigate concern
You’d be a good fit if:
- Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics or Data Science or 3+ years of decision support, data analysis, or healthcare operations experience
- Possession of strong analytical/statistical skills used in evaluating and analyzing data
- 5+ years experience with Risk Adjustment (Medicare and Medicaid) analytics, including targeting, predictive modeling and outcomes calculations
- Familiarity with data analysis, experience with SQL or similar coding languages
- Are detail-oriented and organized, but able to see the big picture and the bottom line
Please include in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.