Senior Analyst, Strategic Planning & Analysis at Candid™
Candid is redefining oral health by using modern technology to help deliver human-focused care. With a commitment to creating the best outcomes, Candid inspires confidence and promotes wellbeing. We believe that high-quality orthodontics should be affordable and accessible, and we’re pioneering an innovative approach to diagnosing, treating, and monitoring cases remotely. Our team is a group of startup veterans with experience across healthcare, hospitality, tech, and finance at companies such as Lyft, BCG, Airbnb, Blackstone, and Clover Health.
You will be a key member of the Candid Strategic Planning & Analysis team and will be responsible for assisting in the Company’s financial planning, reporting, strategy, and corporate development initiatives. You will balance multiple projects at once and partner with various operating groups. The ideal candidate is analytical, motivated, resourceful and eager to dive into the data. For the right candidate, this is a great opportunity to make a significant contribution to a global, fast-growing, tele-health company. This position will report to the Senior Manager, Strategic Planning & Analysis in the NYC Headquarters.
What You’ll Do
- Build and maintain financial models that enable senior leadership to make effective decisions about the company's cost base and revenue projections
- Help put together weekly, monthly, and quarterly financial reporting and forecasting for presentation to C-suite and Board of Directors
- Drive annual and periodic budgeting processes, including preparation, review and analysis, assigning department-specific budgets, and tracking monthly/quarterly actuals vs. budget
- Partner with all departments to evaluate projects such as pricing, product launches, channel expansion, marketing (acquisition/retention), partnerships, and operational / supply chain projects, supported by financial modeling
- Partner with Accounting on monthly close process, financial reporting, and preparation of GAAP financial statements
- Prepare corporate and financial presentations for Board of Directors, investors, and other external parties
- Assist in maintenance of corporate financial forecast model, trending analyses, key performance metrics, etc.
- Provide financial analysis of key P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow accounts (actual and projected)
- Participate in corporate development activities including capital raises, M&A, and due diligence
What You’ll Need
- 2-5 years of experience in a financial or quantitative role within the consumer, digital, or finance industry; investment banking background is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree is required; major in Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, or Economics is preferred
- Strong understanding of all three financial statements and fundamentals of accounting
- Proven analytical abilities and modeling skills, including advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to intuitively analyze and correctly interpret data; detect trends and themes in quantitative analyses
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, adapt to multiple demands and shifting/competing priorities, deliver high quality work under time constraints and in a high-paced start up environment
- Effective written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational, time, and people management skills with a high level of maturity and ability to work in groups and independently
- Possess a sense of urgency and understand how work impacts the team and contributes to the Company’s overall decisions and vision
Pay & Perks
- Competitive compensation and equity in the business
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Easy access to work - right off the R & W line, and a short walk from the B, D, F, M, N, Q, 1, and 6 trains
- Commuter benefits
- Significant discount on our customized treatment plans and aligners
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning
We continuously strive to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive environment, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Additionally, this organization participates in E-Verify.