Senior Analytics Engineer, Marketing at Squarespace
Senior Analytics Engineer (Marketing), New York - Open to Remote
The Squarespace Marketing Data team provides technical data solutions, statistical models and core metrics to power Marketing decisions that maximize customer growth. Our solutions are also used by other partners and data practitioners throughout Squarespace.
In this role, you'll develop foundational data pipelines and self-service tooling that are essential to Squarespace's Marketing efforts. This new role, reporting to the Analytics Engineering Team Manager, offers opportunity to grow and make a difference. This role will be based in NYC or Remote.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Partner with Analysts, Data Scientists, Data Engineers and decision makers on data solutions
- Translate use cases, pain points and success criteria into technical requirements
- Design, build, maintain and upgrade data pipelines and self-service tooling to provide clean, efficient results
- Promote data governance through documentation, observability and controls
- Promote adoption of tools and best practices across the team
- 4+ years industry experience in a technical data or analytics role
- Experience designing data models, authoring and orchestrating complex ETL jobs and building visualizations to provide self-service datasets, metrics and insights
- Mastery of SQL and at least one BI reporting tool (Looker/LookML, Tableau, Chartio)
- Familiarity with Python and one or more tools for data storage and access (BigQuery, Postgres, Presto, Redshift), pipeline management and orchestration (Airflow, dbt) or version control (git)
- Knowledge of common marketing data sources such as Google search, DCM or Facebook
- Experience working with technical and non-technical partners
- Outcomes-oriented and passionate about enabling data-driven decisions
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.