Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such, our return to office plan will follow a phased approach, working towards a hybrid model. Starting September 13 until the end of the year, our hybrid model will consist of two encouraged in-office days (Wednesday & Thursday); there will not be any mandatory return to office in 2021. Learn more about our return to office philosophy and plans here!
Your Impact on our Mission:
Zocdoc is seeking an Analytics Engineer that will be part of a centralized team focused on creating and maintaining a robust analytics layer that powers Zocdoc business intelligence tools and enables the business to answer questions quickly, consistently, and reliably. You will take ownership of transforming raw data to production-quality models and creating sanctioned dashboards that drive all critical analysis across the organization.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Someone who is excited about building data products to push the whole company forward
- Have a passion for solving problems using data and analytics
- Passionate about building the best version of whatever you’re working on
- Someone who loves working in a highly collaborative and supportive environment
- Passionate about building fully scalable data solutions with the latest technologies
Your day to day is…
- Enabling data consumers to efficiently answer critical questions and get to accurate insights with trusted and sanctioned data sets
- Designing and implementing high-performance, reusable, and scalable data models for our data warehouse to ensure end-users get consistent and reliable answers to their questions
- Supporting teams across the company to enable self-serve analytics through our BI tools (Tableau and Looker)
- Owning the administration, adoption and end-user training support for our BI tools
- Working closely with analysts, product and business teams to understand their use cases and provide clean, transformed data ready for analysis and reporting
- Writing production-quality data transformations in SQL using dbt with an eye towards performance, maintainability, and scalability
- Applying software engineering practices (e.g. code review, testing, version control) when creating new datasets to ensure data quality across our pipelines and BI tools
- Partnering with analysts, product and business teams in creating and standardizing dashboards powered by our sanctioned data sets
- Collaborating with data engineers on infrastructure projects to improve ingestion pipelines and sourcing new data
- Being an advocate for data governance, security, privacy, quality and retention
- Providing mentorship and best practices for junior members of the team
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- 4+ years experience as a data analyst, data engineer, analytics engineer or similar role
- Expert in writing analytical and performant SQL, especially within cloud-based data warehouses like Snowflake and Redshift
- Strong understanding of data modeling and data warehousing concepts
- 1+ year(s) of experience using dbt (data build tool)
- Strong experience applying software engineering best practices to analytics (e.g. version control, testing, and CI/CD)
- Experience managing the administration and/or adoption of a data visualisation tool (e.g. Looker, Tableau)
- Hands-on experience with data model development and reporting in data visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau
- Proactive, self-motivated, and can work independently with strong organizational and time management skills
- Good communications skills across all levels of stakeholder (business & technical)
- An ability to break down and explain complex technical concepts to business end users
- High level of precision and attention to detail.
- Strong Looker developer skills, with an emphasis on LookML modeling and overall project/model design
- Python coding skills, particularly in the areas of automation & integrations
- Past experience with data governance principles, KPI management, and supporting data operations for business intelligence
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Competitive parental leave
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks (when in office)
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.