Senior Analytics Engineer at Ribbon
Ribbon is a first of its kind real estate technology company transforming the real estate transaction by delivering certainty, transparency and joy to the home buying process. Consumers and realtors deserve a better experience, and we have designed an open platform that welcomes everyone in the ecosystem to participate.
Our mission is to make home ownership achievable. We live out our mission every day through our core values:
Set New Standards. Our mission requires a new way forward. We start from first-principles to be different, creative and bold. Big or small, we create new norms.
Build Together. We are one team, one mission, creating vibrant communities of belonging. We unite in our passion and collaborate with optimism, integrity and trust.
Learn, Teach, Grow. In service of delivering a world class experience, we actively learn from our community, educate others, and celebrate the victories and struggles that come along the way.How you'll help make homeownership achievable:
- Build out the team’s analytics layer for several functions -- Growth, Product, and Finance -- with high-quality, reliable data pipelines, models, tooling, and documentation
- Partner closely with data engineering to integrate new data sources into existing workflows (we use Airflow) and data models
- Mentor data analysts and other analytics engineers to level up their ability to build high quality, scalable data models
- Advocate to improve data quality and increase data capture and consistency for Ribbon’s products and internal systems
- Enable quick decision making by querying Ribbon’s data warehouse to answer business questions
- Proactively define the initiatives to evolve Analytics Engineering to not only address recurring issues with Ribbon’s analytics platform but also to make it more robust
- 4+ years of experience working in a data analyst and data/analytics engineer role
- Experience building out data pipelines and orchestrating performant data models on cloud warehouse using dbt and one or more data orchestration tools (we use Airflow for data ingestion and dbt Cloud)
- Command line experience and git
- Expert level SQL skills and proficient with a scripting language (Python preferred)
- Proficient with common dashboard tools (we use Looker and Amplitude) from a visualization perspective. Expert with maintaining and building on the semantic layer
- Experience with Airflow
- Startup and/or real estate experience
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible, unlimited vacation
- Fully paid parental leave
- Regular team lunches
- Health + wellness stipend
- Company-sponsored TalkSpace membership
- Commuter benefits
- FSA + HSA
- Learning + development stipend
- Meaningful equity in the company
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply! If you’d be excited to show up for work each day, we’d be excited to have you on our team.
Here at Ribbon we’re not scared of differences. It’s how we break new ground. As we scale and we help families from every walk of life, the team we build must be reflective of the diversity that we serve. Together, we’ve built and will continue to grow, a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone has a seat at the table and the space to be their most authentic self. Ribbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we support, celebrate, and cherish all the things that make our teammates who they are.