2020 has been a big year for Paxos. We’ve launched several products and rolled out partnerships with a number of key partners. As we continue to bring on more customers, launch new products and add new partners to our roster, the volume and complexity of the data we are generating and the data needs of the business are growing rapidly. As a result, we are growing the Reporting & Analytics team, hiring key senior roles to scale our ability to use data across the company.
The first of these roles is a Senior Analytics Engineer who will implement and own a modern analytics platform to enable data to be more accurate, accessible and actionable for the entire company. This is a unique opportunity to build something from near-zero and work at the intersection of our engineering and business teams. You will report to the Director of Reporting & Analytics and work closely with them to architect this modern data stack to serve the current and future needs of the company as we grow.
You may be a data engineer who wants to build your business domain expertise or a data analyst with an inclination toward automation and data architecture. Either way, you derive energy from answering questions like:
- Is it possible to build a single table that allows us to answer this entire set of business questions? What datasets do I need to use for that?
- What if I could be notified of a problem in the data before a business user finds a broken chart in a dashboard? How do I build pipelines instrumentation that gets ahead of this?
What you will do:
- Architect, build and own our analytics data layer: enabling the rest of the reporting & analytics team and the business with accurate and accessible data.
- Own the performance of our cloud-based data warehouse, refactoring queries and indices as-needed
- Work with Product & Engineering to get ahead of product or schema changes that could impact our analytics model and determine solution for keeping our data accurate and updated
- Be our point of contact and own recommendations on technical needs (e.g. tooling, environments, servers) for the Reporting and Analytics team, working with Engineering, Security and Product to work through resourcing and options
- Seek to scale everything to 10X, acting as our automation expert, from ETL/ELT pipelines to dashboard refresh cycles
- Work with the broader reporting & analytics team to create self-service dashboards and analyses for stakeholders
- Document & build processes to share knowledge - from table and column definitions to workflow schedules to codebases
- Bring software best-practices to Analytics including ownership of our git repository and implementation of a code review practice
What you should have:
- 2+ years of experience as a data engineer, data analyst, data scientist or software engineer
- 2+ years of experience writing SQL statements, both DDL and DML
- Experience building, maintaining and automating data pipelines (ELT/ETL)
- Experience architecting/building/maintaining data warehouses and schema designs
- Ability to translate business problems and requirements into data problems (both architecture and analysis/visualization) and communicate results back to non-technical audiences
- Experience with some or all of: Python, Spark, HDFS/Hadoop/Hive/Presto, Airflow/Dagster/Luigi/Lambda, DBT/LookML/Talend/Pentaho
While we are not requiring prior work in the fintech, crypto, or blockchain industries it is preferred candidates have some understanding of and/or enthusiasm about the space.
Other than these qualifications, we're hoping to bring someone on board who loves what they do and can't wait to join an amazing team.
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds and experience in banking, startups, tech giants, and big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 110 employees across offices in New York, London and Singapore and have big plans for our growth. We’re looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working and intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers and regulators can trust. We’re committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open and accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets and those who don’t want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquaire, INTL FCStone and Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, and employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor and a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do and influence how we communicate and collaborate as an organization.
Why we are a great place to work: Paxos has been consistently named a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn. We offer all of the usual startup stuff like healthy snacks, coffee, and ping pong but we also offer generous healthcare coverage, PTO, and family leave. (We want employees to care for themselves both in and out of office.) In addition to the benefits and perks, Paxos offers employees the chance to have a real and measurable impact on a growing business: what you do today directly influences the Company goals. As a result, we enable every employee to substantially grow their careers.
Learn more about us:
- The Paxos Blog
- Paxos Raises $142MM Series C
- The Future of Paypal and Paxos Partnership
- Unchained Podcast: Paxos’s Partnership With PayPal
- Paxos in 2020: A Year in Review
- Most Influential in 2020 CEO Feature
- Paxos Founder on CNBC’s Mad Money