Paxful is the people-powered marketplace for money transfers with anyone, anywhere, at any time. Imagine a world where everyone has equal access to finance, no matter who they are, or where they’re from. We're building it. Our mission is to empower the forgotten four billion unbanked, so they have control of their money in a way they've never had before.
Working across three offices in different time zones, the Paxful team serves our amazing community of 4 million strong. We build for people, not profits, and consider ourselves to be everyday heroes who don’t wear capes or masks. That’s why we launched Built with Bitcoin, a charitable initiative that aims to build 100 schools, water facilities, and entrepreneurial incubators in emerging markets all over the world. We want to show that bitcoin can have a positive impact and make real changes in the lives of people everywhere.
Paxful is searching for a Business Intelligence Senior Associate who is great at analytical thinking, understanding user dynamics, data modeling and Metrics to join our Business Intelligence Team. This role will partner with the product growth team to anticipate their analytical needs and leverage data to derive actionable insights. You will be based out of New York and report to our Manager of Business Intelligence.
As a key member of our team, your responsibilities will entail:
- Analytical: Become a trusted partner to the growth team by understanding their analytical needs, designing and interpreting experiments to test hypothesis, and driving business decisions
- User focused: Apply your skills in quantitative analysis to understand user funnel and user behavior, and identify the opportunities to enhance user activation, engagement, retention and/or product monetization
- Data Modeling: Use scientific methods to establish causal relationships between user actions and behavior
- Metrics Driven: Define success metrics and create effective dashboards that provide ongoing insights to business stakeholders.
- Communication: You can translate business objectives into analyses and are comfortable communicating concepts and results of analyses to a varied audience
The most important skill and capabilities for this role are:
- Proficient in SQL, experience with Python or R, and comfortable with statistical concepts (i.e., hypothesis testing, experimentation, regression etc.)
- Experience in A/B testing and experimental design implementation and analysis
- Experience building intuitive and impactful dashboards and data visualizations using Tableau, Power BI, Looker etc.
- Knowledge of probability and statistics, and ability to differentiate signal from noise and produce analytically sound recommendations
- Strong analytical abilities and problem solving skills and an informed, evidence-based approach
- Working knowledge of machine learning and predictive analysis is a plus
- 3+ years of industry experience in data analysis
- Bachelors in Data Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field. Masters is a plus
- Experience in Product, FinTech or Crypto etc.
What We Offer
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits, flexible spending account, and 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Flexible working hours and generous paid time off
- Gym membership, massage, chiropractor, or other reimbursements (personal training, dance classes, etc.)
- Learning and development reimbursement (including online courses, certifications, conferences, seminars, etc.)
- One day a year to volunteer and serve your community
- Parental leave, including a one-time bonus to support a newborn, adoption, or foster placement
- Paxful's COVID response: remote work, company-wide online events and weekly meal credits
Diversity & Inclusion at Paxful
At Paxful, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team and are looking for someone who can help continue to lead that process.
EEOC and Accommodations
Paxful is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
We’re also committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities. If you need any kind of accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, you can reach out to [email protected] and let us know how we can best help you.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full Privacy Notice is available at https://paxful.com/privacy-notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.