Senior Associate, Strategy and Business Operations at Harry's
About the Team
The Strategy and Business Operations team at Harry’s works cross-functionally to develop the company’s strategic focus, manage internal strategic projects as well as existing and future opportunities, and improve business processes around the organization. The team is focused on growing revenue and profit for our entire business.
About the Role
As a full-time employee on the team, you will lead high-priority Strategy team projects with a focus on our Retail business. While strategic planning will be important, you will also be a critical partner in bringing plans to life, leading the work from idea to implementation. You will work across nearly all teams at Harry’s and have significant leadership exposure. This role will be based at our headquarters in New York, with some domestic travel possible. It is scoped to start in July or August 2020, with flexibility on start date if needed.
- Work cross-functionally to craft our strategy, refine our long-term roadmap, and understand the financial implications of key decisions
- Push forward high-priority business development opportunities (e.g., new channel launches)
- Lead cross-functional teams (Design, Distribution, Logistics, Sourcing, Finance, IT, etc.) on project implementation, aligning on timelines, sharing information, and clearing roadblocks
- Drive high-impact internal projects with key functional leaders (strategy and implementation)
- Answer the CEOs’ most pressing questions and be an expert on our markets and customers
- Engage with and learn from other teams including sales, marketing, analytics, operations, etc.
The following should describe you:
- Bachelor’s degree; 2+ years in management consulting or an equivalent role
- Experience with advanced modeling and the ability to create impactful presentations
- Self-starter, confident, ability to manage projects independently once onboarded
- Demonstrated success collaborating and driving cross-functional consensus
- Comfortable and effective when presenting to senior leadership and partners
- Passion for working in an entrepreneurial environment with a positive attitude
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.