Senior Backend Engineer at Remesh
Remesh was founded in 2014 with the mission to create a technology that could truly represent the will of the people and amplify their collective voice. As of March 2018, Remesh has secured $10 million in Series A funding. We are excited to be disrupting the $70+ billion insights industry.
We are a team of passionate, motivated, and intelligent people, with a touch of quirk (i.e., we have fun)! We are all united by a mission to build a platform that can help people truly understand each other - across political, geographical, and cultural divides - to help make the world a better, more understanding place.
We believe in the power of discovering the Truth which requires engaging with each other, exchanging ideas, and having a dialogue with groups of people at a massive scale. The Remesh platform uses AI and machine learning to analyze, understand, and segment participant responses to questions and prompts, online and in real time. Through this process, our customers are able to quickly draw out actionable insights as they engage thousands of participants simultaneously.
We seek a highly-skilled Senior Backend Engineer to join our team to automate key workflows on our machine learning platform and build integrations with third-party data providers.
The role comes with immediate ownership and impact which should strongly motivate the right candidate. Major responsibilities include developing our integration strategy with a variety of data providers, designing our own API for integrations for resellers, and automating mission-critical internal workflows.
Successful candidates will possess solid knowledge of software engineering best practices, Linux, open-source software, and cloud architecture and design. Strong communication and collaboration skills are highly desired, as this engineer will work cross functionally with other engineers in addition to work with our product and other technical teams.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5-10 years minimum of professional experience in a Backend role
- 5 years minimum developing on one of the following cloud platforms: Google Cloud (preferred), AWS, Azure
- 5 years minimum developing in Python
- Strong backend engineering background, with specific experience designing B2C platforms and managing close integrations with 3rd-party SaaS services
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Django experience
- Machine learning experience
- Medical/dental/vision coverage
- 401K plan
- Flexible work arrangements pending supervisor approval
- An enviable snack pantry
- An energetic team that celebrates, often
- Stipend for ongoing learning
- An office in the heart of Manhattan’s Flatiron District