Senior Big Data Engineer at Integral Ad Science (Greater NYC Area, NY or Remote)
Our Data Engineers are, first and foremost, solid backend software engineers. We are seeking a Senior Big Data Engineer to design, implement, and maintain big data pipelines. You will be part of a growing team to develop and mature IAS’ capability in ad verification, analytics and anti fraud software products.
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is the global leader in digital media quality. We ensure that ads are viewable by real people in safe and suitable environments. We do this through data-driven technologies with actionable real-time signals and insight. If you are excited by technology that has the power to handle hundreds of thousands of transactions per second, collect tens of billions of events each day, and evaluate thousands of data-points while responding in just a few milliseconds, then IAS is the place for you! Check out our tech blog here: https://iastechblog.medium.com/
What you’ll get to do:
- Architect, design, code and maintain components for aggregating tens of billions of daily transactions
- Work on Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Kafka, and/or Spark in columnar databases on AWS
- Contribute to the entire software lifecycle including hands-on development, code reviews, testing, deployment, and documentation for streaming & batch ETL and RESTful APIs
- Provide leadership, work collaboratively, and be a mentor in an awesome team
You should apply if you have most of this:
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
- 5-8+ years of recent hands-on experience in Java or Scala
- Strong knowledge of collections, multi-threading, JVM memory model, etc.
- Solid knowledge of SQL
- Experience in full software development, Agile, and CI/CD
- 5+ years of experience designing and building data pipelines and data-intensive applications
- Experience using Big Data frameworks (e.g., Hadoop, Spark) , databases (e.g., RedShift, Snowflake) for complex data assembly and transformation
- Experience with Spark streaming or Flink
- In-depth understanding of algorithms, performance, scalability, and reliability in a Big Data setting
- Solid understanding of OLTP and OLAP systems, database fundamentals
- Experience building production level systems in a cloud environment (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Orchestrating data pipelines using tools such as Airflow
- Familiarity with messaging frameworks like Kafka or RabbitMQ
IAS strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace and the health and safety of our employees is a priority. IAS implemented a policy that requires all employees (with limited exceptions) to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination prior to employment, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
About Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a global leader in digital media quality. IAS makes every impression count, ensuring that ads are viewable by real people, in safe and suitable environments, activating contextual targeting, and driving supply path optimization.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IAS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
California Applicant Pre-Collection Notice:
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment or engagement with IAS, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, commercial information, professional or employment or engagement information, non-public education records, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment or engagement. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at [email protected]
To learn more about us, please visit http://integralads.com/ and https://muse.cm/2t8eGlN
Attention agency/3rd party recruiters: IAS does not accept any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles. If you are interested in becoming an IAS recruiting partner, please send an email introducing your company to [email protected] We will get back to you if there's interest in a partnership.