Senior Big Data Software Architect at Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a global technology and data company that builds verification, optimization, and analytics solutions for the advertising industry and we are looking for a Senior Data Architect to join our Architecture team. If you are excited by technology that has the power to handle hundreds of thousands of transactions per second; collect tens of billions of events each day; and evaluate thousands of data-points in real-time all while responding in just a few milliseconds, then IAS is the place for you!
What you'll do:
- Lead the design, implementation and continuous evolvement of IAS next generation Big Data Platform.
- Collaborate with various business stakeholders and technology leaders to understand current and future functional and non-functional requirements; translate requirements into technical solutions and systems designs
- Work across the entire SDLC; concept, design, development, deployment, testing, release, and support.
- Develop prototypes, contribute code and evaluate technologies
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to data engineers to develop pipelines on the platform.
- Provide leadership and expertise in the development of standards and architectural governance.
- Stay current on the latest data engineering technologies and industry trends.
You should apply if you have most of this:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical field
- 10+ years of professional experience in a Big Data setting
- Excellent software design skills
- Proven experience acting as an architect and/or technical lead with ability to mentor data engineers
- Recent extensive experience designing and leading the development of large scale business critical stream data processing applications utilizing any of the following technologies: Spark Streaming, Storm or Flink
- Experience with big data batch processing technologies: Hadoop MapReduce, Pig, YARN, Hive, Spark, etc.
- Experience with databases and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP and NoSQL databases
- Understanding of Data Journey (Data lineage, Data transformation, Data visualization etc)
- Understanding of data integration best practices
- Experience with designing and implementing big data solutions in AWS
- Experience working in an agile/scrum environment
What puts you over the top:
- Knowledge of the AdTech domain/ecosystem
- Our "ideal" candidate will have had a prior career progression in SW Development up through Principal SW Engineer.
About Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is the global market leader in digital ad verification, offering technologies that drive high-quality advertising media. IAS equips advertisers and publishers with both the insight and technology to protect their advertising investments from fraud and unsafe environments as well as to capture consumer attention, and drive business outcomes. Founded in 2009, IAS is headquartered in New York with global operations in 18 offices across 13 countries. IAS is part of the Vista Equity Partners portfolio of software companies. For more on how IAS is powering great impressions for top publishers and advertisers around the world, visit integralads.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IAS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
California Applicant Pre-Collection Notice:
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment or engagement with IAS, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, commercial information, professional or employment or engagement information, non-public education records, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment or engagement. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at [email protected]
To learn more about us, please visit http://integralads.com/ and https://muse.cm/2t8eGlN
Attention agency/3rd party recruiters: IAS does not accept any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles. If you are interested in becoming an IAS recruiting partner, please send an email introducing your company to [email protected] We will get back to you if there's interest in a partnership.