Senior Business Analyst - Marketing Analytics at Angi (Greater NYC Area, NY)
Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
About the team
The digital marketing analytics team will collaborate with marketing channel owners, campaign managers, and various internal stakeholders that are responsible for driving 500MM+ annually in revenue from consumer and service professional acquisition. The team will be strategic business partners who work across Angi’s portfolio of brands and all major digital platforms (SEM, Paid App, Display, Social, and Affiliate). The goal will be to arm digital marketers with the tools and data needed to make important investment decisions.
About the role
Angi is looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join the Digital Marketing Analytics team. This position will be a key part of a growing analytics team that supports an increasingly sophisticated digital marketing program. As a senior member of the team, you will partner closely with digital marketing leads to provide the analytical support that will help drive growth in consumer and service professional acquisition. You will be expected to model new marketing strategies, provide recommendations for A/B testing, build reporting, and interpret test results. Additionally, you will dive into any issues and provide recommendations as needed. You will be the subject matter expert for the digital marketing teams you support!
Some of the analytics and reporting challenges the team faces include:
- How should we allocate budget across, and within channels to maximize ROAS and EBITDA?
- What is the quality of leads we drive across our portfolio of channels?
- How can we systematically measure and report on lead quality?
- What reports / metrics should be monitored to keep a pulse on performance?
- What attribution methodologies should we explore to properly value and invest in channels that drive more awareness?
What you'll do
- Learn the complex Angi ecosystem and digital marketing strategy in order to be a subject matter expert on all data relating to the digital marketing team
- Analyze daily performance in order to drive clarity on the primary drivers of performance that cause variation in results from day to day
- Own and lead analyses using data and insights to influence and support performance marketing strategy
- Prepare and present quantitative analyses in a digestible manner for the larger digital marketing organization
- Develop test plans to measure the performance of acquisition strategies and inform optimizations and future tests
- Conduct ad hoc investigations into anomalies as well as different drivers of channel performance
- Build reports, both in collaboration with the BI Reporting team as well as on your own, as needed, to ensure that key metrics are monitored regularly.
- Partner with business owners to build, automate, and ensure the accuracy of business-critical reporting to support digital marketing
- Work with teams across the business to help find the optimal balance between consumer demand and supply-side inventory (i.e. decrease zero accept rate)
- Analyze user behavior including repeat usage and LTV
- Evaluate data quality and ensure that all inputs & outputs are comprehensive and appropriately attributed
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s (or Master’s) degree in a technical field such as Business Analytics, Engineering, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Stats, etc.
- 3+ years of professional experience in a business analysis role
- Advanced SQL knowledge, expertise in Excel, and Looker (or Tableau) experience
- Strong grasp of statistics and statistical software (Python, and/or R experience is a huge plus)
- Google Analytics and/or Adobe Analytics experience a plus
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Superior analytical, problem-structuring, and problem-solving skills; experience synthesizing data into information, and presenting concise analyses
- Ability to validate results of analyses by reconciling with data from other sources
- Creative problem solver with the ability to go beyond data access to data analytics and insights
- Willingness to get hands dirty and do whatever it takes to ensure success
- A passion for marketplaces, the sharing economy, and/or the on-demand services space
- Willingness to adapt to a fast-paced work environment; hack, test and learn mentality; team player
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary band for this position ranges from $60,000-$125,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world