Senior Business Analyst at Angi
Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
About the role:
Angi is seeking a strong Senior Business Analyst to join the Category Management team. This team seeks to develop targeted strategies, tailored solutions, and optimized operations to address the unique needs of the Homeowners and Service Professionals that we serve – all in the belief that this is necessary to unlock and further accelerate the company’s growth. This is a unique opportunity to work on Angi’s highest growth revenue initiatives, from early testing through scaling.
Our business is a two-sided marketplace of homeowners and service professionals. This makes our analytic opportunities complex and rich. We work daily with product, operations, BI, and other departments across the organization to develop, refine, and monitor results of initiatives designed to drive outsized value. Due to the multifaceted nature of our business, our team provides an excellent environment to combine and apply your business acumen, technical knowhow and quantitative skills to drive insights.
You will be responsible for driving impact through exploratory analyses, AB test deconstruction, KPI development and report/dashboard construction for the Home Exterior team.
What you'll do:
- Provide data-driven insights and analyses for the Category Management team and category-related initiatives across the organization
- Develop your technical skills – particularly in SQL, Tableau, Adobe Analytics, Looker, and
- Partner with our product team to model strategies for new products, provide insights to help shape roadmaps and develop test ideas
- Collaborate across operations and various analytics teams developing exploratory models that uncover marketplace dynamics, user behavior insights and levers to affect each
- Learn the complex Angi ecosystem and be the subject matter expert on Home Exterior data
- Synthesize large data sets into digestible information
- Establish statistical models and reporting to seed strategic ideation and monitor execution
- Pursue new approaches to solving problems with creativity and innovation
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical field such as Business Analytics, Engineering, Finance, Economics, etc.
- 3-5+ years of professional experience in a financial/business analysis role
- Advanced SQL experience and knowledge of relational databases, Tableau, Looker, or Adobe Analytics experience a plus
- Superior analytical, problem-structuring, and problem-solving skills; experience synthesizing data into information and presenting concise analyses
- Prior, small company or start-up experience a plus
- Exceptional quantitative skills and aptitude
- Strong grasp of statistics and statistical software (R, Python, etc.)
- Humble and effective cross-functional team player
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Intellectual curiosity balanced with an orientation for getting stuff done
- Ability to validate results of analyses by reconciling with data from other sources
- Attention to detail, a sense of urgency, and relentless follow through
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $70,000-$110,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world