Senior Business Analyst at Dailymotion
Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to Dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world's leading publishers and content creators, including CBS, CNN, Fox Sports, GQ, Mashable, Universal Music Group, VICE and more, Dailymotion commands 4 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
On the AdTech side, Dailymotion has launched its private video Ad Exchange in order to gain better control of the monetization value chain and deliver a premium advertising experience. Since then, Dailymotion has been reinforcing its capabilities to keep up with the fast market changes, both in terms of technology and market requirements.
Dailymotion is a global champion of diversity and inclusion. We pride ourselves in being an equal opportunity employer that provides an environment of mutual respectJob Description
Within the Dailymotion’s AdTech department, we are looking for someone to join the Business Operations & Analytics team, in our NYC office. The team’s mission statement is to drive growth, deliver insights & scale efficiency for the AdTech, Sales & Content tribes.
As Senior Business Analyst, you will be at the core of Dailymotion’s strategy of being a data driven company. In a team focused on revenue growth as a #1 priority, you will work transversally within the AdTech department and contribute actively to the data lifecycle. Your success will be defined by the quality of the Business Insights shared and used with the department.
You will achieve this in two ways:
- Directly, as a hands-on contributor, you will deliver various actionable analysis yourself
- Indirectly, as a data enabler, you will drive initiatives to evangelize and standardize the use of data in the department
Your responsibilities will cover 3 main aspects:
- Perform complex, non-routine analysis to solve various business problems, focusing on delivering clear revenue upsides
- Deep dive in the data to help Dailymotion understand it's business better, thanks to your superior SQL skills
Own your analytics deliverables from A to Z: identify a problem, perform complex queries, build and share restitution to relevant stakeholders (including C-level.
- Be the most technical person on the team, training other members about the best way to query and use data
- Challenge our analytics standards, improving the way we work and the tools we use
- Reduce data bottlenecks by training various teams on our tools
- Know our data infrastructure perfectly and identify the best source of truth for any ask
- Partner with our Data Product Managers to improve our data infrastructure
- Prioritize needs and build proof-of-concept solutions for the Engineers to put quickly in production
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Join Dailymotion during a key period of growth and development, with multiple key projects being launched from the ground-up to achieve very ambitious goals over the next few years
- Join a growing team with many processes to improve and projects to implement, with the opportunity to play a key role and bring new ideas to the table
- Work in relationship with top management, including the C-level, VPs and team leads
- Be a true trusted leader, owning several parts of our Business Insights and bringing a lot of value to the table. We want to leverage your experience!
- Work in a very dynamic and complex industry (AdTech), where opportunities to understand and improve our Business are endless
- Bring great value to the table, helping more than 100 people get better business insights
- All in all, gain a great understanding of the key business factors of successes of a large, international tech company
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE LOOKS LIKE
- Master’s degree from a Top Business or Engineering University, ideally in a quantitative field
- At least 4 years of experience as a Business Analyst, Data Analyst or Data Scientist
- Great SQL skills and knowledge of various Analytics tools (incl. data visualization tools like Tableau)
- Great rigor, structured approach to problem-solving and very strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and great ability to cooperate efficiently with people from a different background (tech, operations, sales, finance…) and seniorities (from juniors to C-level)
- Prior experience in the AdTech / Programmatic industry is a plus
- Creative and entrepreneurial mindset, highly autonomous and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Fluent English (written and oral)
Location: New York
Type of contract: Full-time
Start Date: ASAP
• Flexible time off, vacation, holidays, sick-leave so you can take time off when you need to
• Fitness club membership to NY Health & Racquet Club
• 100% healthcare coverage starting on day 1
• Commuter benefits
• 401k Contribution
• Paid parental leave
• Fully stocked kitchens with free snacks and drinks
If you want to explore Dailymotion culture a little further please check out:
- BuiltIn page: https://www.builtinnyc.com/company/dailymotion
- Global Hackathon: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x70val9
- Welcome to the Jungle page: https://www.welcometothejungle.co/companies/dailymotion/team