Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
We are building the operating system for real estate! As a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst you will have the opportunity to impact one of the biggest decisions that every single consumer across the world must make -- where to live. In particular, our Senior Business Intelligence Analyst will ensure that our internal stakeholders are making critical business decisions based on sound, reliable, and readily available data.
You’ll work as part of a rapidly growing team in a fast-paced environment, contributing to large-scale initiatives that impact multiple functions and teams, including stakeholders from our Executive, Strategic Growth, Agent Operations, Marketing, Finance, Product Management and Engineering teams. You’ll work closely with a team of Compass data engineers to build the right analytical datasets, facilitate their use across the organization, and champion the need for strategic data collection and analysis in the product development process.
At Compass You Will:
- Guide the company in becoming the leading source of real estate information by working with internal stakeholders to analyze and interpret intricate datasets that will drive business decisions
- Aid in our data-driven design approach by mining our operational data for key, game-changing insights
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to ensure the right KPI’s are being tracked and that the right data is being used to measure them
- Develop and own our data governance strategy, including data collection and analysis policies and procedures
- Oversee the deployment of data to our data warehouse and ensure that it is optimized for analytics and operational reporting
- Lead the charge in ultimately empowering our users to derive their own insights and make informed decisions by implementing self-service reporting & analytics capabilities
What We Look For:
- 5+ years experience working in business intelligence, data science, business analytics or related quantitative/analytical roles
- Bachelors or similar in an analytical discipline (Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, etc.) is preferred
- Experience working with business intelligence tools such as Tableau, MicroStrategy, Oracle BI, QlikView, Pentaho, etc.
- Proficiency in manipulating large raw datasets using tools/techniques such as SQL, pivot tables, lookups, etc.
- Understanding of relational databases, and proficiency in writing and modifying SQL against Redshift, PostgreSQL, and/or SQL Server
- Strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.