Senior Capacity Planner at DigitalOcean
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about creating experiences that our customers will love.
We are looking for a Senior Capacity Planner to help ensure DigitalOcean has sufficient capacity in all the right Data Centers at the right times for our customers. Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Capacity Planning & Supply Chain, the Senior Capacity Planner will drive server deployments, run forecasting models and enhance operational efficiency as new product and hardware architecture initiatives are rolled out.
- Create Plan of Record using in-house developed modeling tools to find the right balance between data center resources and investment to meet revenue producing demand forecasts
- Helping build capacity planning tools and working with cross-functional team to simulate server reservations based on demand forecasting
- Ensure capacity constraints and assumptions are identified, tracked and communicated
- Partner with Product Management and Marketing to prioritize server builds across the global infrastructure
- Working with Finance to build and track Capital Expenditures budgets and approvals
- Develop data pipeline requirements with Data Analytics team to support historical data tracking, dashboard & reporting, key metrics, and daily demand analysis across product lines
- Drive deployment plan for server capacity augments
- Provide forecasts to supply chain for systems and components
- Partner with peer Infrastructure teams [Project Management, Network, Platform, and Supply Chain] to ensure smooth capacity augments into variable technology environments
- Analyze how hardware architecture and product changes impacts capacity and provide feedback to teams and upper level management
- Identify capacity-related issues proactively and work with systems, network, and engineering teams to discover resolutions
- You have a background in performance management, systems administration or capacity planning
- You have experience communicating and collaborating across the entire organization including engineering, sales, finance and program management.
- You have a demonstrated track record driving worldwide scale server deployments.
- You have experience with programming in Python, Perl, R or Julia with a data science emphasis.
- Linear Programming optimization experience is desirable.
- You are well versed with data structures, using Excel and/or SQL, to build reports and make recommendations.
- BS or MS in Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics will be given preference.
- You have strong analytical and communication skills, a risk mitigation mindset and exhibit appropriate levels of urgency
- You have working knowledge of corporate financial planning cycles, terminologies and interdependencies between supply chain and accounting
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Infrastructure team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!