We are NYC based but remote friendly!
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. Almost a decade later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of about 200 distributed through North America and headquartered in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $87.5m in venture capital funding from top investors including Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Owl Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that empowers tens of millions of people to lead better lives, join us!
As a Senior Curriculum Developer working on our Data Science team, you would be responsible for leading the development of new Data Engineering content, developing a strategy around future Data Engineering content, mentoring Curriculum Developers and third party authors, and reviewing content created by others.WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead development of new content related to our Data Engineering and Databases Career Paths, as well as Skill Paths and Courses in the Data Science domain. Content would include lessons, quizzes, projects, courses, and outcome-oriented learning paths.
- Develop strategy about what Data Engineering content we will produce.
- Review, provide feedback to, and mentor a network of 3rd party authors who contribute content to Codecademy.
- Research industry standards and emerging technology, in addition to educational techniques and philosophies, and apply them to curricula.
- Research the learner experience, identify weaknesses in curriculum and make improvements to existing content.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, product managers, and marketers to design, create, market, and improve Codecademy's curricula.
- Collaborate with the Customer Support and Product teams to gain insight into the learner experience and make data-based improvements to curricula.
- Collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams to create and improve the content authoring process and tools, and make improvements to our learning environment.
- Bachelor's degree or practical experience required.
- Professional or volunteer experience as a teacher or instructor including experience with writing educational content.
- Professional experience in data engineering, data pipelines, or academic equivalent.
- Programming experience in one or more general purpose languages, including, but not limited to: Python, R, or C++.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL.
- Familiarity with the entire data science pipeline — from data acquisition to communicating your data science findings.
- Familiarity with data visualization.
- Experience with developer tools such as Git, GitHub, and the command line.
- Interest and ability to learn programming languages, libraries, and frameworks quickly.
- Experience writing or editing English language content professionally.
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Engineering,, or Education.
- Experience creating dashboards in a BI tool such as Tableau, Looker, or PowerBI.
- Experience with data pipelines, Big Data technologies (PySpark, Hadoop, etc.), or building and deploying to cloud platforms.
- Project, product, or people management experience involving small to large teams.
- Experience working with 3rd party authors and vendors to deliver high-quality content.
- Experience writing educational content that reaches a wide audience in a digital format (such as blogs or e-books) or in print.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.