Senior Data Analyst (895) at Better
Founded in 2016, Better is a digital-first homeownership company whose services included mortgage, real estate, title, and homeowners insurance. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- From its founding in 2016 through 2020, Better funded $30.9B in home loans and provided over $7B in cumulative coverage through Better Cover and Better Settlement Services, the insurance divisions of Better
- Ranked #1 on LinkedIn’s Top Startups List for 2020 and 2021
- Ranked #2 on Fortune's Best Companies for Millenials 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces for Women 2021
- People Magazine Companies that Care 2021
- Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces 2021
- Top Women Originators 2021
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- Better has raised over $400M in equity capital since inception
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
Better is a family of companies. Better Mortgage Corporation provides home loans; Better Real Estate, LLC provides real estate services; Better Cover, LLC provides homeowners insurance policies; and Better Settlement Services provides title insurance services.
A Better Opportunity:
As a rapidly growing company, we’re actively scaling our Data Team to ensure every area of our business has reliable data to fuel insights and innovation, which will be crucial to our business’ future success. We’re currently looking for a skilled and motivated Senior Data Analyst to join our central Data Team and contribute to this mission alongside a collaborative team.
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will be embedded within a Product team and serve as a strategic partner to Product Managers, Data Scientists, and Software Engineers by formulating problem statements and crafting data-driven solutions. You will drive all product analytics within your aligned domain by querying and manipulating data, extracting insights, defining metrics, and analyzing and experimenting on product features. The objective is to provide data-backed insights and thought leadership to contribute to our long-term strategy and roadmap, and help solidify our status as a data-driven organization. Our Engineering team is headquartered in NYC - this role will be NYC-based as well. All employees must be US-based.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with Product and Engineering to understand business requirements and translate them into a forward looking-plan of action
- Serving as a strategic partner to Product by using data to surface insights, create metrics, and communicate a point of view
- Writing advanced SQL queries to pull and manipulate data
- Crafting dashboards and automated reported related to key performance metrics
- Conducting and analyzing pilots and experiments using statistical methods to define addressable markets and growth opportunities
- 4+ years experiences of a data reporting and analysis at a product-driven company
- Highly skilled at writing SQL
- Comfortable using frameworks and structured thinking to approach problems and define solutions in a creative way
- Experience with Excel and some data visualization tools (i.e. Looker, Tableau, or similar)
- Excellent communication skills that enable you to share both technical and business concepts to audiences of all levels
- Degree in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Economics, Math, Sciences, Engineering),
- Preferred but not required
- Bonus: Working knowledge of Python
- Bonus: data pipeline tools (i.e Airflow or similar)
- Bonus: Experience working within the Mortgage, Real Estate, or Fintech space
Better is requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated in order to go into the office. Our priority is first and foremost the safety of our employees and we require COVID-19 vaccination to help ensure their safety in the workplace. Please note that Better will offer a reasonable accommodation process for employees who are not vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
California Consumer Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Better is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants or prospective talent (together "job applicants") about the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which we will use this information. The notice contains disclosures required by the CCPA and applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.