We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The Customer Success Data Analyst will join a unique strategy and operations team driving Datadog’s next phase of growth. We are interdisciplinary thinkers leveraging diverse business backgrounds in management consulting, data analysis, finance and tech to accelerate Datadog’s global growth. We work directly with teams & senior leadership across Datadog to set corporate strategy, improve efficiency across the business, support data-driven decision-making, own complex operations and more.
As a Data Analyst for the Customer Success (CS) team, you will help ensure that the CS team has all the data they need to drive their day to day work. This will involve answering data questions from Customer Success Managers (CSMs) and leaders, exposing relevant and actionable data through performant dashboards, and running training sessions for non-technical users. You will work closely with the Customer Success and Strategy teams and will be part of a Datadog-wide community of Data Analysts.
- Build actionable data reports and visualizations that will help CSMs and the CS Leadership team make strategic decisions
- Help CSMs understand our product usage and user behavior, and facilitate data-driven decision making
- Run deep data analyses and investigations
- Identify and track product adoption over time by different segments of users
- Present findings to team leads and executives
- Train other employees to use data to answer questions without assistance
- A Data Analyst with 5+ years of experience and have mastered data analysis and visualization using Business Intelligence tools such as Metabase, Looker, or Tableau
- Fluent in writing analytical SQL, are able to write complex queries with no assistance, and understand the difference between SQL that works and performant SQL
- A clear, concise communicator that works well with others
- Able to explain complex datasets or queries to non-technical people in understandable ways
- Curious and have an investigative mindset - driven to know “why”
- Experienced in working with large customer and product data
- Interested in becoming an expert on Customer Success
- You have experience with data warehouses such as Snowflake, Redshift, or BigQuery
- You have experience working with APIs and a programming language such as Python
- You’ve worked with Customer Success or have been a CSM in the past!
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.