Senior Data Analyst - Health Economist at Vericred
Vericred has built the broadest, most granular and accurate data set covering health insurance and employee benefits plans, rates, provider-networks and formularies in the industry. Our data is used by millions of consumers, employers and brokers to find health plans, doctors and drugs . Researchers and government agencies use our data to understand market dynamics and even to drive policy decisions.
Our Data Analytics team works with internal and external constituents to develop insights from, and about, our data and interactions with our platform. We partner with leadership and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation to research and develop content for thought leadership pieces. We build actionable reports and dashboards to help our operations team understand the timeliness, completeness and accuracy of our data. We research extensions to the breadth and depth of the data that we capture and validate our approaches to ingesting and synthesizing that data.
This role will be based in our New York City (Flatiron) office.In this role you will make an impact by:
- Being a consumer of our own data
- Collaborating with the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation in support of their policy research, and thought leadership papers and articles (which have appeared in the New York Times and other national publications)
- Developing market analyses for use in Vericred’s own thought leadership and marketing
- Uncovering meaningful insights about our data - influencing product development direction
- Prototype analytics solutions for our external partners
- Building and maintaining user-facing dashboards to monitor data quality
- Building and testing data validation and verification models
- Partnering with Engineering on validating, maintaining and extending our data ingestion platform
- You have intellectual curiosity …. especially about health insurance costs and coverage
- You have strong writing capability
- You have a Bachelors or greater in CS, Statistics, Economics or equivalent work experience
- You have 2+ years of experience with Stata, R, SAS, Python or other common data analytics programming languages
- You have 3+ years of experience with data visualization tools and technology (Tableau, Looker, D3.js)
- You have 3+ years of experience with SQL
What We Do
Founded in 2014, Vericred is a data services company simplifying the exchange of health insurance and employee benefits data. What Plaid has done for financial services and Sabre for travel and hospitality, we are doing for health insurance by building digital infrastructure to enable the digital transformation of this $1Trillion industry.
Who We Are
At Vericred, we are data people: process driven, organized, and obsessed with the details. We value collaboration and make sure we have plenty of opportunities to spend time together outside of the office through fitness events, movie nights, happy hours, and more. We love our work and recognize the importance of balancing interests, relationships, and time outside of it. We are avid learners and prioritize personal and professional growth alongside company growth at the individual and the team level.
Our benefits include
- Competitive Salary
- Equity Participation
- 100% company paid medical and dental for you and your dependents
- Healthcare and dependent FSA
- 401K with matching
- Twice weekly catered lunches
- Unlimited snacks and drinks in-office
- Responsible PTO policy
- Pre-tax commuting benefits
- fRYEday: Our end of week Rye tasting and happy hour ritual
- Stand-up desks
- Centrally located office on Madison Square Park
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.