2020 has been a big year for Paxos. We’ve launched several products and rolled out partnerships with a number of key partners. As we continue to bring on more customers, launch new products and add new partners to our roster, the volume and complexity of the data we are generating and the data needs of the business are growing rapidly. As a result, we are growing the Reporting & Analytics team, hiring key senior roles to scale our ability to use data across the company.
One of these roles is a Senior Data Analyst who will work closely with senior business stakeholders to conduct analyses, develop key metrics and self-service dashboards and generally be a go-to resource for data questions. This role will report to the Director of Reporting & Analytics and as a senior member of the team, will have a significant impact on the shape and direction of what analytics is at Paxos in 2021 and beyond.
What you will do:
- Empower cross-functional partners and stakeholders to make data-driven decisions by delivering high quality analyses, reporting & actionable insights
- Design, build and maintain self-service dashboards - working directly with end-users to ensure our partners and stakeholders have access to the data they need
- Design key metrics to track and understand our products’ performance
- Be a mentor and role model for more junior analysts on the team, both technically and professionally
- Build an understanding of our products, customers and the markets we operate in and proactively combine this with your data expertise to make actionable recommendations to the business
- Conduct one-off analyses and present findings and recommendations to senior leadership
- Document & build processes to share knowledge - from table and column definitions to workflow schedules to codebases
- Seek to scale everything 10x: from automation to writing reusable code
What you should have:
- 2+ years of experience performing data analysis. Fintech and/or financial markets experience preferred.
- 2+ years of experience with an advanced understanding of SQL (think window functions)
- Experience designing, building, automating, maintaining dashboards in BI/Visualization software (e.g. Looker/Tableau/Sisense)
- Ability to translate business problems and requirements into data problems and communicate results back to non-technical audiences
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced ambiguous environment
- Some experience with any of: Python/scripting languages, predictive analytics, experimentation & statistical analysis, metric design & data modeling
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous problems to solve
While we are not requiring prior work in the fintech, crypto, or blockchain industries, it is preferred candidates have some understanding of and/or enthusiasm about the space.
Other than these qualifications, we're hoping to bring someone on board who loves what they do and can't wait to join an amazing team.
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds and experience in banking, startups, tech giants, and big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 110 employees across offices in New York, London and Singapore and have big plans for our growth. We’re looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working and intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers and regulators can trust. We’re committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open and accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets and those who don’t want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquaire, INTL FCStone and Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, and employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor and a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do and influence how we communicate and collaborate as an organization.
Why we are a great place to work: Paxos has been consistently named a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn. We offer all of the usual startup stuff like healthy snacks, coffee, and ping pong but we also offer generous healthcare coverage, PTO, and family leave. (We want employees to care for themselves both in and out of office.) In addition
to the benefits and perks, Paxos offers employees the chance to have a real and measurable impact on a growing business: what you do today directly influences the Company goals. As a result, we enable every employee to substantially grow their careers.
Learn more about us:
- The Paxos Blog
- Paxos Raises $142MM Series C
- The Future of Paypal and Paxos Partnership
- Unchained Podcast: Paxos’s Partnership With PayPal
- Paxos in 2020: A Year in Review
- Most Influential in 2020 CEO Feature
- Paxos Founder on CNBC’s Mad Money