Senior Data Analyst, Product & Engineering at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
You are an experienced data analyst with a curious mindset, a passion for product and an eye for optimization. You enjoy communicating your findings and working closely with product & engineering teams to drive product improvements and business impact.
Justworks is looking for a Sr. Data Analyst, Product & Engineering to join our Data Services team. You’ll play a key role in helping the product & engineering teams become more data-led. You will partner with the Consumer Insights team to create a rich understanding of the product experience and ensure that understanding informs our forward-looking strategy. You will help scale our analysis capacity by influencing event logging standards, tool simplification, product feature testing, and KPI development.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Advanced data analysis (statistical modeling, causal inference, hypothesis testing & experimentation) on customer behavior data to identify patterns and unlock opportunities for our product & engineering teams.
- Present key learnings and recommendations to teams in a manner that productively influences decisions.
- Work with various product and engineering managers to establish measurable goals & KPIs that inform cluster-level performance and decision making.
- Partner with the data engineering team to improve platform capabilities around data ingestion, event data modeling, data quality, and insights generation.
- Create a set of resources and best practices that help scale analytics and empower members of the product and engineering teams to confidently and effectively leverage data in their day-to-day work.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
In the Sr. Data Analyst role, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Resourcefulness - taking a can-do approach, even in the face of obstacles and constraints by assessing what’s in front of you and effectively and efficiently optimizing what you have, whether it's working on something new or thinking about how to do something better.
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Influence and leadership - fostering a community of knowledge-sharing, collaboration, mentorship, and forward-thinking.
- Skills and knowledge - the capacity to actively learn and apply specific domain knowledge, know-how, and best practices to continually enhance and improve.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 5 years of professional hands on experience in data analysis
- Significant experience performing analysis with large datasets to generate insights & recommendations
- Strong experience applying statistics (e.g. regression analysis, confidence intervals, hypothesis testing) within a professional setting
- Excellent oral and written communicator, effective at communicating to a diverse set of stakeholders
- Highly fluent in SQL and statistical programming (Python/R)
- Familiarity with cloud-based data stack (e.g. Fivetran, dbt, Snowflake)
- Plus: Domain expertise in product development or past experience working with a digital product team
- Plus: Familiarity with machine learning concepts a plus
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment