Senior Data Analyst - RevOps at Stack Overflow
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them reach, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers and technologists. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names.
As the Senior Data Analyst function at Stack Overflow, you'll partner with the Director of Revenue Operations & Sr. Manager both strategically and tactically with key insights & analysis, reporting, and database management . The ideal candidate has worked within a rapidly growing SaaS organization and has a broad spectrum of go-to-market metrics, processes, and tools. In addition, the successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of business intelligence tools and has a passion for data, analytics and technology.
Who we’re looking for:
- You are a trusted partner. When someone comes to you with a data need, you ask what, how, when, and help them narrow in on their needs, present other ideas/areas for them to consider, and give them something actionable.
- You are a builder and automator. You know how to build tools and automations to make data easy to access and understand.
- Have experience working with managers to create operational metrics and reporting for specific groups within the company.
- History of evaluating, developing and maintaining cross department infrastructure of internal tools for a revenue organization.
What you’ll be doing:
- Create and maintain dashboards that reports on company wide metrics
- Perform various analytics to provide business recommendations for marketing, product, sales, customer success, and finance
- Work with engineering to integrate data collected from new tools into our schema
- Routinely audit and provide data governance around key metrics, executive dashboards, reporting content, and user permissions to ensure data quality is consistent
- Diagnose and troubleshoot data discrepancies and errors
- Develop ETL/ELT workflows and datasets from various sources
What you’ll need to have:
- Prior Analytics experience
- 5+ years of experience in data analytics with a focus on Product/ Marketing / Sales Analytics, ETL workflows, database management, BI Tools, and Reporting
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or MIS, related quantitative discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- You have done and can do these things…
- Work cross functionally across teams and build trust with your partners
- Manage your priorities and requests
- Think and act strategically as well as execute on tasks on time
- Communicate effectively - you can adjust how you communicate depending on who you are speaking with and what you need to say
- Write up findings and present them to various partners so they know what they need to know and how they should act on the findings
- Technologies you’ve used: R, SQL, Python, Looker, Tableau, Google Data Studio, SalesForce, Marketo, Operative One, DBT, Big Query, Zuora, Intercom, Microsoft SQL Server, Google Cloud, Chargify, JIRA
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (12-16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our office (re-opening June 2021 at the earliest due to COVID-19), you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.#LIRemote