Teachable is looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join the Data Team. We're a growing team of people who like to get a lot done with minimal overhead. We collaborate on roadmap, design, architecture, and are driven by a mission to empower creators to transform their knowledge into income.
Reporting to the Business Intelligence Manager, the Senior Data Analyst will be responsible for developing reports and analyses that have a meaningful impact on our business. In this role you will take on complicated business questions being asked by stakeholders across the organization, producing research that can reliably guide critical decisions. You will build statistical models that explain and predict key metrics, and will explore our data and unearth useful insights. The Senior Data Analyst must become an expert in all areas of our business and in the data that pertains to them, and will be a consulting resource for analysts company-wide.
Some things you may do in this role:
- Work closely with stakeholders in leadership, finance, product, marketing, legal, business operations, sales, customer success-- in short, the entire company
- Write reports that clearly communicate findings, with strong statistical support
- Produce unambiguous visualizations that non-technical end users can understand
- Develop predictive models that business units can rely on to help guide their planning decisions
- Provide guidance to analysts in other business units and assist less experienced analysts on the Data Team
Who You Are:
- You have 3-5 years of professional experience as a data analyst
- You have advanced SQL and a decent command of R or python
- You know your way around BI tools-- you’ve done a lot of work in Tableau, Looker, or similar
- You have a track record of producing actionable insights that you can describe; even better, you’ve produced reports or dashboards that you can demo
- You can intelligently discuss statistics and you have experience with common tests and methods (correlation, clustering, decision trees, linear and logistic regression, etc.)
- You have worked closely with business stakeholders and have a solid understanding of common business processes and data needs
- If you have experience in a SAAS-type business, that’s a big plus
- You get a plus for experience with d3.js or other visualization libraries; with version control (git); and with AWS or other cloud platforms
- You’re interested in joining a collaborative team that cares deeply about its product and each other
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
We plan to be optionally remote until at least September 2021
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Discretionary paid vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
$250 Donation Match Program
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.