Senior Data Analyst at Dataminr
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding. Currently, reopening of offices is planned for January 2022.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're an experienced and technical Senior Data Analyst interested in applying your quantitative skills to challenging questions within a data-intensive, information SAAS business that drives innovation across multiple sectors. You have worked closely with senior executives in a highly analytical role (data analysis and visualization, business and/or marketing analysis, optimization problems, statistical modeling) understanding and refining key metrics and their relationships to measure business success. You develop warm relationships with stakeholders and enjoy helping them understand metric trade-offs as you drive influential decisions forward and create impactful change. You excel when you are working in ambiguous problem spaces and can extract meaning from complex datasets to provide impactful insights. You have ample technical experience writing optimized SQL, deploying BI platforms, and using Python and R to transform granular event data into aggregated insights [bonus for experience with Looker or Snowflake]. You have a bias towards action, and are not afraid to rollup your sleeves and build the datasets you need to support your work. You communicate your insights both verbally and visually, you are comfortable managing your own work while juggling multiple priorities in a rapidly-growing organization and you naturally build effective partnerships across organizational and functional boundaries in order to deliver high-quality and impactful results.
The Strategic Data Analytics team at Dataminr leads in analytical problem solving, leveraging data and rigorous analytics to help drive key initiatives at the company. Data Analysts continuously improve the accuracy and efficiency of our analytics and reporting infrastructure. We drive process optimizations forward and provide an analytical framework for the insights that inform product, marketing, sales, and business decisions across the company. This is an opportunity to shape the next generation of our analytics platform including the evaluation of AI features. You’ll work to refine what we measure and how we interpret and use that data to inform business decisions. To do this, you'll use a combination of 3rd party and homegrown analytics tooling to transform raw data into meaningful insights informed by best practices in data governance and analytical techniques. You’ll identify metrics that enable high quality understanding of the performance of the company’s key initiatives and then work with our Data and Analytics Engineers to implement the corresponding ETLs, data models and BI tooling that measure and track performance. You’ll work with individual teams to enhance their use of data to improve efficiencies and you’ll continually teach what you learn to others.
In the first month, you’ll
- Start off by learning the ropes, spending time with different parts of the company to understand how Dataminr works.
- Get up to speed on our data structures, our analytics and BI tooling, and our key metrics with overview sessions and deep dives with your team.
- Contribute code to production systems.
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- Help stakeholders optimize their strategies and workflows by leveraging data and analytics
- Share responsibility for analytics projects with other members of your team.
- Begin to take an active role in driving data-driven decision making throughout the company
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- Own initiatives that impact multiple teams.
- Be influential in defining the next generation of tooling and practices for both your team and the partners you work with
- Manage relationships with partners teams that enable cross-functional synergies
The way we work:
To maintain our momentum, we need a talented, diverse team of people committed to the idea that real-time information can be a force for good in the world.
- We take initiative, ownership, and are accountable.
- We work urgently and thoughtfully and are driven to constantly improve.
- We share knowledge, consider varied perspectives, and assume positive intent.
- We are commercially minded and deliver measurable results.
- We maintain a sense of humor and humility.
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.#LI-BM#LI-Remote
US RESIDENTS ONLY (Excluding Texas and Montana):
As a federal contractor, Dataminr is subject to President Biden’s Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring most, if not all, workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Because of this federal mandate, Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment.”
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief or medical reasons should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.