Senior Data Analyst at Hinge (Greater NYC Area, NY)
| Greater NYC Area | Hybrid
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:07 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, February 8, 2023
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
We are seeking an experienced Data Analyst to join the Decision Science team at Hinge. As a Data Analyst, you will work closely with stakeholders across the Growth Product Group to define and execute on their reporting and analytics needs. This role will actively collaborate with stakeholders across product management, research, and technology to glean actionable insights from massive amounts of data for the purpose of driving product decisions.
- Provide reliable and accurate reporting & analytics support to Product
- Develop an expert understanding of Hinge data, key product and business metrics, and factors that can impact performance
- Perform ad hoc analytics to identify business critical trends and insights from data
- Tell cohesive and compelling stories with data and deliver effective presentations of findings to stakeholders
- Create new and refine existing KPIs
- Work with BI Engineers to create analytical tools that allow users to explore data and surface insights on their own
- Collaborate with Data Scientists on advanced analytics projects
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of work experience, including 3+ years in business intelligence or related data & analytics fields
- 3+ years of experience working cross-functionally with a variety of stakeholders
- 3+ years of experience working in a fast paced, data-rich environment
- Proficiency in SQL in a big data environment
- Strong ability to wrangle and analyze data, with bonus points for familiarity with Python or R
- Proven ability to solve complex analytical problems and deliver insights from data
- Superb communication and presentation skills
- Strong understanding of data modeling practices and techniques
- Experience with BI tools such as Looker (preferred) or Tableau
- Familiarity with data science concepts (preferred)
The salary range for this position is $160,000 - $190,000. Factors such as scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, job-related skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and business considerations may influence base pay offered. This salary range is reflective of a position based in New York City. This salary will be subject to a geographic adjustment (according to a specific city and state), if an authorization is granted to work outside of the location listed in this posting.
Hinge is the dating app designed to be deleted. In today’s digital world, singles are so focused on sending likes and looking through profiles that they’re not actually building meaningful connections and finding relationships. Hinge is on a mission to change that by designing the most effective app experience. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll have unique conversations over the text, photos, and audio you’ve shared on your profile. And it’s resonating with daters. Currently we’re setting up a date every three seconds.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.