Senior Data Analyst at RTB House (Greater NYC Area, NY)
RTB House is a global DSP with 1,000+ specialists that help brands expertly navigate the blurred lines between branding and performance. Born and having grown to become a leader in display retargeting, RTB House now offers a suite of full-funnel marketing solutions that address the challenges brands face today to drive more efficient and impactful media buys.
This high-visibility role represents a key step in the growth of RTB House. You will play a critical role providing detailed analytical work related to the US market. You’ll wear both your client-facing and technical hats as needed: this role combines an external presence with our clients, a deep relationship with our data and technology, and collaboration with technical resources at RTBH in both the US and EU markets.
Your impact will be felt across several US teams, as Analytics supports initiatives in Sales, Account Management, Operations, and Marketing.
What you will do:
- Use SQL and/or python to complete ad-hoc analysis from data based in Google Big Query
- Structure, execute, and report on A/B testing as it relates to client campaigns
- Create custom reporting and dashboards using Tableau, Google Data Studio or other reporting tools
- Analyze performance of client campaigns; provide data-driven recommendations for optimizations
- Work closely with Account Managers to provide best-in-class Analytics service to clients, including ad-hoc analysis and client-facing presentations
- Work with HQ-based teams to ensure that data tables meeting the needs of the US market; serve as SME on RTB House data schema and meaning of data
- Conduct meta-analysis across campaigns to derive insights about campaign performance and user behavior
- Propose and develop processes as needed for recurrent workstreams
- 2-5 years of relevant experience, including “data analyst” type roles where the primary focus is on answering questions based on real-world data and/or creating reports from such data.
- Strong technical ability, including proficiency with creating from-scratch SQL and/or python code as needed to engage in data analysis. Solid SQL skills are a firm requirement, as this role will require extensive use of BigQuery in order to successfully derive insights from business data.
- Understanding of how to frame unstructured problems, given the data available, along with how to visualize and communicate results. Skilled in traditional “Office” apps, especially Excel and Powerpoint, or their Google Suite equivalents.
- Understanding of basic statistics and hypothesis testing, including A/B testing and statistical significance.
- Understanding of online (digital) media and/or e-commerce, including measurement via web analytics (Google Analytics, Adobe, etc.), digital media sales models (CPM, CPC, CPA, etc.), and analysis of on-site user behavior.
- Strong ability to work independently, including an understanding of how to structure an analysis to answer specific business questions and the ability to implement such an analysis using well-written SQL or python.
- Ability to find and leverage appropriate resources, including technical documentation, peer-to-peer assistance, and business information with limited guidance.
- Ability to mentor more junior analysts. Can both implement and teach best practices in SQL and/or python.
- Native-level English fluency; comfort with presenting results to internal and external audiences
- Bachelor’s Degree in quantitative field (or non-quant field with strong quant on-the-job experience). Master’s Degree or self-study/certificates in analytics, data science, or digital media/marketing a plus.
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau, Looker, PowerBI, or Google Data Studio a plus.
- Understanding of basic automation mechanisms to run data processes, including scheduled queries (BigQuery), cron jobs, etc., a plus.
- Ability to work with data in complex forms, such as using APIs and JSON objects a plus.
The salary range for this role is $95,000 to $120,000 in base pay, and is exclusive of any bonuses or benefits. The base pay offered will be determined on a case by case basis based on your experience, skills, training, certifications and education, etc., and will be informed by market data.
Why RTB House:
YOUR WORKPLACE, YOUR CHOICE. We offer permanent remote work. Or in-office. Or a hybrid combination of both. Your choice. Do You!
AWARD WINNING TECH. A recognized industry leader with industry wide acknowledgements for innovations including
o 2022 Best Overall Programmatic Tech (buy side)' – drum awards
o ‘2022 Top 50 Programmatic Power Players’ – AdExchanger
o ‘Best Places to Work,’ + ‘Best Paying Companies,’ - BuiltIn NYC, 2022
o 5x Fastest Growing Companies’ - Financial Times (top 1%)
o AI Excellence Award for AI Full Funnel Marketing Solution
o MarTech Breakthrough Award for AdTech Innovation
o Stevie International Biz Awards: AI Full Funnel Gold - "Most Innovative Company of the Year" 2021-2020-2019 (3X Award Winner) - Streaming Video Ads - "Customer Service Dept. of the Year" - Marketing/PR Solutions - AI / Machine Learning - Innovation of the Year for Social - AI / Machine Learning.
HAVE A VOICE. You will have a direct impact on the success of the company. Your work matters and is essential to the evolution, growth, and success of our business.
GROWTH. We prioritize your growth and career path with your goals and passions in mind, offer comprehensive and continuous training, and a stipend for external courses.
BENEFITS. Extensive benefits package including 100% coverage of your medical insurance premium, matching 401K plan, vacation days, sick days, office stipend, phone or internet stipend, baby cash, stipend for external training and more.
RECOGNITION. Performance bonus eligibility.
COMMUNITY. In-person and virtual events including coffee socials, happy hours, and off-site summits. You will get to work with amazing, inspiring, passionate people in one of the fastest growing sectors in online advertising.
More about RTB House:
RTB House is a global company that provides state-of-the-art marketing technologies for top brands and agencies worldwide. Its proprietary ad buying engine is the first in the world to be powered entirely by autonomous Deep Learning algorithms, using neural networks to combine the power of first-party data, on-device signals, and aggregated contextual data to empower its agency and advertiser clients to generate outstanding results and reach their goals at every stage of the funnel, delivering self-driving personalized advertising fit for the cookieless future.
After successfully deploying Deep Learning into 100% of its algorithms in 2018, RTB House has continued its research in the field of AI. The AI Marketing Lab and Creative Lab were set up as new divisions of the company focused on inventing and advancing MarTech products. The company’s AI-based product offering includes retargeting and full funnel performance solutions as well as branding campaigns. RTB House consistently balances rapid innovation and the introduction of pioneering technologies against the need for clients and partners to have transparent results whilst ensuring that consumers enjoy safe browsing experiences.
Founded in 2012, the RTB House team currently operates in over 80 markets, and 30+ locations around the globe. It serves more than 4,000 performance and awareness campaigns for clients across the EMEA, APAC, and Americas regions for some of the biggest brands in the world, including Adidas, Sephora, Reebok, and New Balance.
Of the 1,000+ employees globally, we are currently in hypergrowth and scaling the US team of roughly 60+ passionate people and counting. It’s exciting times!
Information on Equal Treatment Policies