Senior Data Analyst
Over half a billion videos are watched across millions of websites on a JW Player video player every day. Our product teams leverage data coming from our player to measure success, prioritize our next steps, and envision new possibilities for the thousands of video publishers we serve daily across the web. We iterate quickly, conduct frequent experiments as part of product development, and seek to be data driven in everything we do.
As a Senior Data Analyst on the JW Player Data Science team, you will work closely with product managers, engineers, and data scientists to develop insights that inform product decision and strategy. Your findings will impact the next generation of JW Player products, from our flagship video player and video platform to our video recommendations service and other data products. You’ll play a critical role in improving these products and guiding our future development efforts.
In this role you will:
- Create dashboards to visualize data and track product features
- Help envision and define requirements for new data sources
- Enable data-driven decisions through communication of high quality analysis
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in an analytical field such as statistics, computer science, mathematics, operations research, economics or related fields
- 1+ years experience writing SQL
- Experience analyzing large datasets
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Strong knowledge of statistics and probability
- Good organization skills, ability to work with multiple teams
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain complex information to non-technical audiences
- Curious, entrepreneurial, proactively asks and seeks out answers to questions
- Self-starter, data-driven, and customer obsessed
- Experience with Python or R for data analysis and/or modeling
- Familiarity with statistical modeling, machine learning
- Tech and/or media industry experience
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience with Looker
- Advanced degree
- Experience engineering analytics pipelines
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2017. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.