Senior Data Analyst
About the company
At Covera Health, we have proven that advanced data science can prevent serious misdiagnoses which result in poor outcomes for patients and increased costs for payers. Using our proprietary framework, we help patients recover better, faster, and more affordably. Today, we are working with some of the largest healthcare payers in the country to potentially impact millions of patient lives. We are passionate about improving healthcare for every patient.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Senior Data Analyst to join us in our commitment to improve the quality of care for patients in every community across the nation. As a Senior Data Analyst at Covera Health, it is crucial that you have experience maintaining databases and using data sets to produce detailed and insightful reports. You will work within our Provider Partnerships team to build data management and reporting practices, and work cross functionally with our Data Science, Engineering, and Operations teams to respond to a variety of data analysis and reporting requests.
You will contribute to the development of a strong data management discipline to manage our provider data. You will develop a complete understanding of data flows through our provider data management and quality assessment process and use that understanding to create processes that will help us manage our data. A key part of this role will be creating reports and user-friendly tools to structure data for team review.
You will be expected to:
- Work with a variety of healthcare data, including longitudinal claims data, healthcare provider profile data, medical images, medical reports, and proprietary diagnostic imaging exam quality assessment data
- Contribute to the creation and development of data systems and processes by building user-friendly tools, reports, dashboards, and queries
- Apply critical thinking of provider data flows and data requirements across the organization to contribute to developing strong data management practices
- Efficiently pull data from various internal and external sources
- Maintain, enhance, and deploy data analysis and reporting pipelines
- Support data management and ingestion processes, including entering, cleaning, formatting, and importing data
- Contribute to the design of longer-term data management approach by developing requirements with Engineering and Data Science teams and supporting development of proof of concept solutions
- Collaborate on data analysis projects and communication of results to internal and external stakeholders
- 2-3 years work experience as a data analyst or business analyst
- Fluent in SQL and scripting in Python
- Experience producing in-depth analyses and reporting in a self-directed environment
- BS or Masters degree in computer science or related technology
- Experience working with medical data is a plus
You will be a full-time employee with competitive salary, stock options, and great benefits. These benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance (with premiums fully covered), FSA, pre-tax commuter benefits, flexible paid time off, and a comfortable office space filled with a variety of quality snacks and beverages. Most importantly, you’ll get to know each of us and we love to work together to find solutions. We are a smart, fun, focused, and unique team of people who are truly passionate about changing healthcare for the better!