Senior Data Analyst
About the Team
The Analytics team is a critical function that supports data-driven decision-making throughout Harry's. The team is the central nervous system of the organization -- we make sure that data flows throughout the company, and everyone has the information they need, to make better decisions faster. The analytics team thinks about data and insights from the factory floor in Germany, across our global supply chain, through the marketing we show our customers, to when the customer gets a package at their door.
About the Role
Harry’s is seeking an Analyst who uses advanced analytics to generate and deliver insights that will drive improvements, uncover new truths, and enable smart decision-making across our organization. In this role you will be responsible for diving deep into online and retail business performance as well as customer value economics. Because our business is complex, we need someone with both a strong business acumen as well as excellent technical skills. You’ll work with key decision-makers throughout the company, and also share your insights and recommendations with all levels of the business including our CEO.
Most importantly, we are looking for someone who is a builder and entrepreneur -- someone who is excited about using data and analytics to push the whole company forward.
Here's what you'll accomplish:
- Own end-to-end analyses to answer important business questions using data. For example, you might:
- Analyze trends in subscription retention and estimate the impact on our core business. Own the process to figure out how to best measure and display the results visually.
- Assess the impact of price and supply chain changes on our expected customer lifetime value and communicate the business implications across teams
- Understand how advertising channel mix shift has impacted our customer value over time, and identify strategies for leveraging this knowledge in our business
- Measure how an omni-channel campaign created incremental revenue and profit across DTC, Retail, and other third party channels
- Help define how we measure and report out on performance, and regularly track and share the overall performance of the business to drive strategic planning
- Support the forecasting team in understanding variance vs. prior forecasts
- Identify analytics pain points and inefficiencies, and develop new tools and automated process to optimize and streamline
- Be a data-evangelist across the organization, sharing best practices and insights with cross-functional teams
Background and Experience:
- 2-4 years of experience as a Data Analyst or Business Analyst, or a background in Computer Science, Statistics, or Mathematics
- Proficient Technical Skill - You are fluent in writing SQL, Python, or R to query and manipulate datasets, answer questions, and drive end-to-end complete analysis that help accelerate the business. You have a history of creating effective visualizations to clearly drive your point across to various stakeholders using visualization software, like Looker or Tableau.
- Strong Business Acumen – You think deeply about business strategy and profitability, and have experience translating the business ins and outs into data driven problems. You can proactively identify and investigate potential areas of opportunity with independence.
- Engaged Analytical Thought Partner – You are excited about partnering with coworkers to figure out how analytics can solve problems. You are skilled in translating business questions into data analysis visions to execute. You are great at communicating in order to both fully understand someone’s business needs and to communicate potential limitations of your approach.
- Tactical Problem Solver – You have experience boiling down medium and large scope data problems into measurable and achievable blocks of work. You have the foresight to identify and dismantle potential roadblocks ahead of time. Furthermore, you’re pragmatic: you can identify and work on the most important problems first and you want to find the highest-impact lowest cost solution.
- Clear and concise communicator – You know how to communicate complex concepts effectively and concisely, and are comfortable presenting and debating in large groups. We’re looking for strong data advocates who can plug into cross-functional working teams seamlessly and drive cultural pushes for the organization to become more data driven.
Values that might describe you:
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication and feedback
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- You move quickly - you are motivated by getting to great answers, fast
- To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge
Who you will work with:
- Within the broader Data org, you'll work most closely with the other data analysts on the team, and the data engineers that support our infrastructure
- Within the larger H’ org, you’ll work closely with our Finance / Operational Planning team, Direct-to-Consumer leads (Acquisition, Product, Email), and Brand leadership teams
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.