Senior Data Analyst
At Noom, we use scientifically proven methods to help our users create healthier lifestyles, and manage important conditions like Type-II Diabetes, Obesity, and Hypertension. Our Engineering team is at the forefront of this challenge, solving complex technical problems that center around habits, behavior, and lifestyle.
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst to work cross-functionally in our New York office with all our departments and help them use data to ask great questions and make successful business decisions.
What You’ll Like About Us
- We work on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives.
- We base our work on scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals
- We’re a respectful, diverse, and dynamic environment in which Engineering is a first-class citizen, and where you’ll be able to work on a variety of interesting problems.
- We offer a generous budget for personal development expenses like training courses, conferences, and books.
- You’ll get three weeks’ paid vacation and a flexible work policy that is remote- and family-friendly (about 50% of our engineering team is fully remote). We worry about results, not time spent in seats.
- Delicious (and nutritious) daily lunches and snacks prepared by Sam, our NYC office on-site chef.
What We’ll Like About You
- You have at least 4 years of experience, and have held a similar role in a team of 5-10 data analysts with broad, cross-team responsibility
- You possess excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience, especially when it comes to scenarios in which the data can’t give you the right answers
- You’re passionate about establishing and following best practices for data analysis and advocating for them to all of Noom
- You look forward to working alongside our Data Engineering team to ensure that we collect and catalogue all the data that our business generates, both internally and through third-party services, and use if effectively to help drive business decisions
- You have a deep understanding of practical statistical analysis, and have a track record of successfully applying it to real-world problems
- You are deeply familiar with the SQL language, advanced spreadsheet solutions, and a BI reporting tool (we use Looker, but experience in others like Tableau and Periscope is fine)
- Some scripting experience (Python, R, or similar) is a definite plus
- You take your job very seriously, but you don’t take yourself too seriously!
**** THIS POSITION IS BASED in NYC*** Local applications only