Senior Data Analyst at noom
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Working on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives.
- Basing your work on scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals
- Collaborating with a team both onsite and offsite -- about 50% of our engineering team is fully remote; we worry about results, not time spent in seats.
What We're Looking For:
- You have at least 4 years of experience, and have held a similar role in a team of 5-10 data analysts with broad, cross-team responsibility
- You possess excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience, especially when it comes to scenarios in which the data can’t give you the right answers
- You’re passionate about establishing and following best practices for data analysis and advocating for them to all of Noom
- You look forward to working alongside our Data Engineering team to ensure that we collect and catalogue all the data that our business generates, both internally and through third-party services, and use if effectively to help drive business decisions
- You have a deep understanding of practical statistical analysis, and have a track record of successfully applying it to real-world problems
- You are deeply familiar with the SQL language, advanced spreadsheet solutions, and a BI reporting tool (we use Looker, but experience in others like Tableau and Periscope is fine)
- Some scripting experience (Python, R, or similar) is a definite plus
- You take your job very seriously, but you don’t take yourself too seriously!
What Makes This Job Amazing:
- You’ll be helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- You’ll be a part of Noom's rocketship-- revenue has grown 20x in the last 2 years and our team is growing fast.
- You’ll have wonderful benefits including healthcare/dental, wellness budget, daily gourmet meals prepared by our onsite chefs, and onsite yoga
- You’ll experience huge learning & professional growth opportunities. Noom believes in supporting your professional and personal growth: we’ll cover the cost of books, courses, conferences… you name it!
- You’ll add to our transparent, high-performing, and close-knit culture
Noom Inc. is a leader in mobile health coaching. We combine the power of technology with the empathy of real human coaches to deliver successful behavior change. Our direct-to-consumer mobile applications have reached more than 45 million users worldwide-- and counting. We’ve leveraged our behavior change platform to incorporate the CDC’s Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP), and have expanded to programs for diabetes management, pre-hypertension, and hypertension. Our Engineering team is at the forefront of this challenge, solving complex technical problems that center around habits, behavior, and lifestyle.
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst to work cross-functionally in our New York office with all our departments and help them use data to ask great questions and make successful business decisions.
This position is based at our New York City headquarters -- local applicants only.