Senior Data Analyst at Pager
Senior Data Analyst
Pager’s virtual care companion experience delivers a personalized, connected care experience throughout a patient’s healthcare journey, like having a “doctor in the family.” Patients are connected with the trusted experts they need to make the right healthcare decisions. Through its technology, Pager brings consumers, nurses, doctors and other members of the care team together through text, voice and video chat, all in one place. We partner with healthcare organizations to deliver seamless, tech-enabled services and solutions for a consumer experience that leads to better decisions, outcomes and healthier lives. Started in 2014 and based in New York City, today Pager powers how 10 million people across the United States and Latin American access care. We are led by seasoned technology and healthcare entrepreneurs to redefine the way that consumers interact with their healthcare.
If hired, you will support the objectives of the Operations Team and its leadership to better understand success drivers, operational efficiencies and help them make smarter decisions by leveraging data. Your role will also provide an opportunity to interface closely with Pager’s data engineers as the company accelerates its investment in a world-class data infrastructure. This cross-departmental collaboration will build your skill-set and challenge you to meet the needs of a rapidly expanding operations team and company. Pager is committed to offering a challenging yet supportive environment that accelerates your career via meaningful projects, exposure to senior leaders and continuing education opportunities to build on your core competencies.
A Senior Data Analyst must first and foremost separate the signal from the noise. A successful candidate will deliver actionable insights to senior leaders and impact the direction of the business. As part of the role, the Senior Data Analyst will advise on Pager’s data infrastructure needs, deploy complex database queries, shape underlying data and build analyses that advance Pager’s operational and business objectives.
The Senior Data Analyst must be able to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicting data sets, abstract from detailed information to a general understanding and help stakeholders shape data requests to support true underlying needs. A candidate that understands the operational and business implication of their findings, identifies root causes of trends and patterns and clearly articulates to stakeholders potential next steps will quickly take on an expanded role and be challenged with a broad mandate.
- Expand reporting capabilities by collaborating with Operations, Product, Engineering, and other key departments
- Identify, investigate, and document possible root causes of data trends, issues, and performance gaps based on analyses to determine recommendations
- Move and lead projects with stakeholders across multiple departments
- Provide historical, current, and predictive views of business operations
- Develop new methods of showcasing our team value and ROI
- Deliver and drive the analytics supporting our client-facing initiatives
- Identify areas of improvement in our data reporting methods by ensuring accuracy and integrity
- Lead the development of scalable, efficient, and automated processes for large scale data analyses and model development, validation, and implementation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, with 3-5 years of related experience.
- Extensive experience in SQL and MS Access
- Strong proficiency in Excel & VBA, shaping data to create compelling visuals
- Experience with BI tools such as Metabase, Tableau, PowerBI, Looker, or Snowflake
- Strong quantitative analysis, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Related Healthcare experience is a big plus
- Ability to work independently and work as part of a team
At Pager, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.