Senior Data Analyst at Discovery Direct-to-Consumer
The Senior Data Analyst will work as both a strategic business partner and technical resource for internal stakeholders, collaborating to inform key business decisions. This role will be an integral part of the Data and Analytics team working on solutions for multi-channel marketing, advanced advertising, campaign effectiveness, and audience exploration.
This person’s responsibilities will range from performing detailed, hands-on data exploration/analysis to communicating findings to non-technical business partners. He or she will gather, define and articulate technical requirements and then work closely with other data engineering and analytic professionals to execute those plans.
This role will also focus on connecting and analyzing large, disparate data sets from a variety of sources to better understand viewers, increase consumer engagement, and improve marketing / advertising efforts.
1. Provide thought leadership for 1st-party data strategy
2. Integrate 1st-party data with other relevant data sources
3. Develop relevant dashboards to easily communicate key campaign and audience insights to clients
5. Determine additional data needs (i.e. data licensing, etc.) to augment 1st-party data
6. Act as a central point of contact for key vendors/partners
7. Assist in scoping & designing analytical projects and solutions
8. Execute analytics projects ranging from small to large either individually or as part of a project team
9. Ensure project delivery within the allocated timelines and priorities
10. Work closely with data science to support their needs for modelling
11. Create scalable processes with respect to Data across the organization
* Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or Data Science
* Minimum of 2-4 years of work experience with proven business experience in reporting and analytics
* Experience with Amazon Web Services (RedShift, S3, EC2, EMR, etc.)
* Experience with SQL databases
* Familiarity with data visualization tools like Tableau
* A talent for gathering, organizing and simplifying complex information from multiple sources and systems.
* Understanding of media industry and Discovery’s business function
* Ability to compile and analyze data and produce related reports
* Must be skilled in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
* Excellent project management, communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
* Strong executive presence and business acumen
* Keen attention to detail, as well as ability to research questions and solve basic problems
* Willingness and desire to learn and teach
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States