Data Science & Analytics is one of the fastest growing teams at Betterment. We operate with a 360 degree view of the company, partnering closely with teams such as Finance, Marketing, Product, and Operations, and always with our users in mind. Our projects range from creating beautiful dashboards to developing machine learning models. These projects add tremendous value to the business and we are looking for more thoughtful, passionate, and curious people to push the business even further.
We are looking for a talented data analyst to help make our growth team even more data-driven than it is today. You see the big picture, but always sweat the small stuff. Business partners appreciate your data-driven insights to help make choices and navigate challenges, and you're a trusted advisor with exceptional interpersonal skills. You’re eager to flex your skills at a dynamic growth stage company where no two days are the same. In this role, you will join our tight-knit analytics team and work closely with our Director of Analytics.A Day in the Life:
- Partner closely with cross functional teams of acquisition, CRM, Product Manager, engineers and designers
- Build rich quantitative reports, dashboards, and insights to provide our growth team with critical information to support our decision-making process
- Establish the framework and build robust reporting to track spend, performance, and impact which will scale as we continue to grow
- Analyze cohorts and channels to identify customer segments that have the highest LTV
- Collaborate with our growth team to understand how their spend impacts acquisition
- Support ad hoc requests as needed, and over time translate them into tools and metrics
- Assist with the design, set-up and analysis of A/B tests to drive iterative improvement through efficient experimentation
- Experience in data analytics, marketing intelligence, or consulting
- The ability to write SQL in your sleep
- Experience with Python or R, along with a desire to become an expert
- An ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- Comfort working with large datasets
- Passion about solving complex problems using data and transforming analyses into concise insights and recommendations
- Self-starter mentality with a track record of completing projects with minimal guidance
- A willingness to be flexible, prioritizing problems that are most pressing and using the most appropriate tools
What Being at Betterment Means for You:
Joining Betterment means joining a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your health and well-being, and being on a journey of non-stop growth and evolution.
- You’ll join a Community:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, and celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, and regular knowledge sharing.
- You’ll stay Happy and Healthy:
- Regardless of where you are, we will ensure you're well set up and cared for, through gym reimbursements, a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, and a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- You’ll have unlimited paid personal and vacation days, and a team that cares about your whole life, not just what you’re working on.
- You’ll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills and abilities through Betterment University courses and additional spending for outside learning.
- Contribute to our knowledge and transparent workspace through mentoring and career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, and show & tells.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to [email protected]About Betterment
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 480,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.