Senior Data Engineer, Acquisition
Reporting to our Senior Director of Revenue Analytics, Peloton is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to build and maintain foundational data infrastructure essential to Peloton’s acquisition efforts. In this role, you will support our Media, CRM, and Revenue Operations teams that together manage go-to-market activities and platforms that enable acceleration and optimization of hardware sales. You will own our acquisition data from end-to-end, including data ingestion, transformation, and visualization, and design our data architecture to ensure best-in-class operational reliability and modularity.
- Understand business context and translate stakeholder needs into ETL and dashboard requirements
- Design, build, and maintain critical data pipelines and dashboards to ensure highly accurate and reliable business reporting
- Monitor daily job execution as well as diagnose/fix issues to ensure SLAs are met with internal stakeholders
- Identify data discrepancies and maintain transparent and up-to-date code to ensure business requirements and ETL logic match
- Make data model and ETL code improvements to improve pipeline efficiency and data quality
- Identify gaps in our data collection capabilities and collaborate with product and engineering on data capture specifications
- 5- years experience in a data engineering, business intelligence, or technical data analytics role supporting marketing organizations
- Expertise in SQL and ETL optimization techniques, especially within cloud-based data warehouses like Snowflake, BigQuery, and Redshift, as well as use of OSX command line and version control software (git)
- Expertise in data pipeline management technologies with dependency checking, such as Airflow, as well as schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Experience with building Looker data models
- Ability to leverage tools, business intuition, and attention to detail for data validation and QA
- Excellent communication skills, particularly when explaining technical or complex matters to less technical co-workers
- A high degree of motivation to be proactive and go above and beyond the task at hand
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math or a related technical field
- Understanding of major marketing channels, such as TV, direct mail, social media, search
- Familiarity with data schemas and logging of common CRM platforms, such as Salesforce, Eloqua, Marketo
- Experience with data ingestion tools such as Fivetran, Stitch, Alooma, or Matillion
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.