Senior Data Engineer, Data Externalization at DoubleVerify
Who we are
DoubleVerify is the leader in digital performance solutions, improving the impression quality and audience impact of digital advertising. Built on best practices, DoubleVerify solutions create value for media buyers and sellers by bringing transparency and accountability to the market, ensuring ad viewability, brand safety, fraud protection, accurate impression delivery and audience quality across campaigns to drive performance.
Since 2008, DoubleVerify has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most value out of their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital ecosystem that help build a better industry.
Headquartered in New York City, DoubleVerify’s investors include JMI Equity, Institutional Venture Partners, Blumberg Capital, First Round Capital and Genacast Ventures. Learn more at doubleverify.com.
As a Software Engineer on the Data Externalization team in DoubleVerify you will be part of a cross-functional team responsible for design and implementation of DoubleVerify’s reporting platforms for external and internal use. The ideal candidate will have superb technical skills in the areas of software design/development, data engineering, and processing; good instincts for data analysis; and a strong desire to create and operate state of the art systems. Experience with or knowledge of ETL, producer/consumer, event-based, and/or streaming system designs is a plus. Experience with processing and externalizing massive amounts of data is also a big plus.
What you’ll do
- Design and implement systems responsible for processing billions of records daily
- Develop and maintain backend components in Python, Java, C# and/or Scala
- Use SQL to analyze data and develop reports and data transformations
- Continuously optimize and improve
- Work with the Product Management team to understand requirements
- Work as part of a dedicated team that shares both knowledge and responsibility
Who you are
- At least 3 years of professional software engineering experience
- Coding fluently with Python, Java, C# and/or Scala
- Ability to create maintainable, extensible, and scalable software
- Experience building Angular based web applications is a plus
- Experiencing querying and analyzing data
- Strong communication skills